No announcement yet.

Yeti vs Engel vs Coleman Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a comparison video link http://www.sportsmanguys.com/video_l...l?item=2650822 Engel and IRP hole ice pretty well for 8 days.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
      Heres a comparison video link http://www.sportsmanguys.com/video_l...l?item=2650822 Engel and IRP hole ice pretty well for 8 days.
      Looks like the IRP did the best job imo.

Comment

Having a science background and seeing some VERY poorly constructed studies on pharmaceutical products in the past, this test was set up as a fair way to show what these coolers could do. Could there have been a difference if the coolers were "prechilled" or filled with more ice? maybe, but you don't always fille your cooler right to the top...and the melting of the ice is what is factor that determines the termperature containment and this study isolated that.

I liked the test, still won't spend $265 or $280 on a cooler, but like that my coleman worked out pretty good. Would have liked to see igloo in the study as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1 View Post
          The Yeti Coolers are not made in Texas. They are not even made in America. The main Yeti office is in Texas but the coolers are imported from the Philippines. And I know for sure there is not 3" of insulation at the bottom of a Yeti Cooler. I have seen cut outs of Yeti coolers and the insulation at the bottom is less than 1" thick. Infact in all of the INDEPENDENT reviews they show and inform on the lack of insulatiuon on the bottom of the Yeti coolers.

In fact if you take a look at the Yeti Brochure is only mentions that there is 2" of insulation in the walls. It also mentionss that they put more insulation than 2" in the lids. If there was 3" at the bottom of the cooler they would have written it in the brochure. This is one of the weak spots in the Yeti cooler design and why it keeps Ice only equally as long as the Coleman in independent test.

It is very interesting how there is so much misleading information out there about Yeti coolers misleading everyone on the facts about how the Yeti cooler is made and where it is made. It seems like it is smoke and mirrors to get you to buy one. This has been my experience when talking to my hunting buddies. But I guess they have to pull out all the stop when trying to sell such an expensive cooler.

Hunter, he was referring to the cooler made by Trophy Shack which is made in Longview, Texas. Where are the Engel coolers made?
          Last edited by Burnadell; 07-27-2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Yeti, Coleman, Engel

Originally posted by B Randell View Post
            Hunter, he was referring to the cooler made by Trophy Shack which is made in Longview, Texas. Where are the Engel colloers made?
            My Mistake- thanks for the correction!

Comment

thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Y'all can keep that yeti....I'd rather have a little bit of melted ice than have my nuts blows outta their sack trying to lift that thing everytime I need to move it...especially full.......

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Y'all can keep that yeti....I'd rather have a little bit of melted ice than have my nuts blows outta their sack trying to lift that thing everytime I need to move it...especially full.......
                  Sounds like you need to hit the gym a little more often

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
                    Sounds like you need to hit the gym a little more often
                    Yes that's it... hit the gym so I can drink beer all year long from my Yeti... makes sense.

We lugged around an 85 qt filed with beer and ice this past 4 day weekend in Corpus to 3 different BBQs, neither of which we could get our vehicles up to ...............and well.....I need one with wheels..or a dolly...

Comment

Yes that's it... hit the gym so I can drink beer all year long from my Yeti... makes sense.
                      Well, for your overall health would be another big plus, but whatever floats your boat

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
                        Well, for your overall health would be another big plus, but whatever floats your boat

Thank you Richard Simmons.......

Comment

Yeti vs Engel vs Coleman Extreme

Thank you Richard Simmons.......
                          I was thinking more like Chuck Norris...do you give lessons?

Comment

Hahahahaa....you're quite welcome!!

Comment

I just looked at the website for engel coolers, cuz i never herad of em. It looks to me like Yeti and engel are identical. Looking at one website after the other they have all the same features besides the latch. Seriously I think they are the same shell. Even the custom colors look the same, and all the accesories too. I could really see myself buying one of those Trophy Shack coolers but never a yeti/engel, they just aren't cool enough.

Comment

[QUOTE=lungbuster1985;2708336]I just looked at the website for engel coolers, cuz i never herad of em. It looks to me like Yeti and engel are identical. Looking at one website after the other they have all the same features besides the latch. Seriously I think they are the same shell. Even the custom colors look the same, and all the accesories too. I could really see myself buying one of those Trophy Shack coolers but never a yeti/engel, they just aren't cool enough.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

Trophy Shack looks like a MAN'S Chest with hair on it er Ice Chest LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X