No announcement yet.

Yeti vs Engel vs Coleman Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, when a company is giving you something to show on TV you have to brag allot about the product....I beleive the test shown is true. Some folks might think the Yeti is better once it gets cold, how much, (ice), do you have to sacrifice to get it cold.....doesn't seem like a bargin to the average person. Maybe someone that uses a expensive cooler everyday in their business but once or twice a month during hunting or fishing season seems foolish to spend that kind of money trying to save a few dollars worth of ice...

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      yeah x2 i live in henderson and would like to know????

Here's a link. Slightly cheaper than a Yeti but just LOOK at them! Dang they look good. I first saw one last November when a guy brought one to my processing plant. Hinges etc. are all first class. The Diamond plate runs maybe $ 20 more than the camo. These would also double as furniture quality for say a cabin or ranch house (try that with a Yeti). B. go over there and tour the factory on Hwy 80 near Souther Auto.

Insulated Panel Solutions.

they also make deer stands that are foam injected! They will be at all Texas Trophy Hunter shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        yeah x2 i live in henderson and would like to know????

Here's a link.

Slightly cheaper than a Yeti but just LOOK at them! Dang they look good. I first saw one last November when a guy brought one to my processing plant. Hinges etc. are all first class. The Diamond plate runs maybe $ 20 more than the camo. These would also double as furniture quality for say a cabin or ranch house (try that with a Yeti). B. go over there and tour the factory on Hwy 80 near Souther Auto.

Insulated Panel Solutions.

they also make deer stands that are foam injected! They will be at all Texas Trophy Hunter shows.

Comment

Comment

Nice post

Comment

Marty, I did see that they are located in Longview. I will have to check them out, but I'm not sure that I can justify the cost for a cooler. I took the advice of someone on an older post and refurbished my Colemans and Igloos with the webbing strap hinges.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                Coleman Marine with Optimaxx insulation is the ticket for extended surf fishing trips along South Padre Island.

Fishing the surf zone during July - September, temps hit the high 90s...no shade with night temps averaging 87 degrees (the same temp as the surf's water zone). I can roll for 3-4 days and still have ice left without even covering the box up very well from the sun. Frozen 1 gallon water jugs with frozen 16 ounce water bottles lining the bottom is the ticket. The frozen jugs keep the ice enclosed and semi insulated from blasts of hot air when the lid is opened. I don't rely on crush ice when I'm on the coast.....frozen jugs are the only way to go and using this tact....even lower cost ice chests can maintain longer than bagged ice.

Coleman Marine ice chests are the US Coast Guard standard

x2 on the frozen water jugs. They work 100x better than regular ice from the store. I usually keep a couple in the freezer and just reuse them.

Comment

With my typical use I have no doubt the Coleman would out last both of these coolers.

Comment

Originally posted by B Randell View Post
                    Marty, I did see that they are located in Longview. I will have to check them out, but I'm not sure that I can justify the cost for a cooler. I took the advice of someone on an older post and refurbished my Colemans and Igloos with the webbing strap hinges.

It's an investment LOL! You know about those!

Comment

Originally posted by VorTexan View Post
                      Not in the test

YET. 3" foam on bottom.

Oh, and B. Made in Longview Texas!
                      Marty, thanks for the heads up never saw or heard of them.

Comment

Yeti, Coleman, Engel,

Originally posted by VorTexan View Post
                        Not in the test

YET. 3" foam on bottom.

Oh, and B. Made in Longview Texas!
                        The Yeti Coolers are not made in Texas. They are not even made in America. The main Yeti office is in Texas but the coolers are imported from the Philippines. And I know for sure there is not 3" of insulation at the bottom of a Yeti Cooler. I have seen cut outs of Yeti coolers and the insulation at the bottom is less than 1" thick. Infact in all of the INDEPENDENT reviews they show and inform on the lack of insulatiuon on the bottom of the Yeti coolers.

In fact if you take a look at the Yeti Brochure is only mentions that there is 2" of insulation in the walls. It also mentionss that they put more insulation than 2" in the lids. If there was 3" at the bottom of the cooler they would have written it in the brochure. This is one of the weak spots in the Yeti cooler design and why it keeps Ice only equally as long as the Coleman in independent test.

It is very interesting how there is so much misleading information out there about Yeti coolers misleading everyone on the facts about how the Yeti cooler is made and where it is made. It seems like it is smoke and mirrors to get you to buy one. This has been my experience when talking to my hunting buddies. But I guess they have to pull out all the stop when trying to sell such an expensive cooler.

Comment

I got 2 Yeti's. I did not buy them I won them. For me they hold ICE well as long as you cool it first (ie bring it inside open the lid for a an hour or so ). What I really like is it is dang near industructible. Whoever says they are not made well has never owned one or used one.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1 View Post
                            The Yeti Coolers are not made in Texas. They are not even made in America. The main Yeti office is in Texas but the coolers are imported from the Philippines. And I know for sure there is not 3" of insulation at the bottom of a Yeti Cooler. I have seen cut outs of Yeti coolers and the insulation at the bottom is less than 1" thick. Infact in all of the INDEPENDENT reviews they show and inform on the lack of insulatiuon on the bottom of the Yeti coolers.

In fact if you take a look at the Yeti Brochure is only mentions that there is 2" of insulation in the walls. It also mentionss that they put more insulation than 2" in the lids. If there was 3" at the bottom of the cooler they would have written it in the brochure. This is one of the weak spots in the Yeti cooler design and why it keeps Ice only equally as long as the Coleman in independent test.

It is very interesting how there is so much misleading information out there about Yeti coolers misleading everyone on the facts about how the Yeti cooler is made and where it is made. It seems like it is smoke and mirrors to get you to buy one. This has been my experience when talking to my hunting buddies. But I guess they have to pull out all the stop when trying to sell such an expensive cooler.
                            Read the rest of the thread my friend. He is not claiming Yeti is made in Texas, the coolers he mentioned are not Yeti. If you read the whole thread he gives a link to them.

He said these coolers were not in the test "YET". Not calling them a Yeti.

Comment

I have three of the Coleman coolers and I love them.

Comment

Just in time thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X