Clear All

Originally posted by fishndude View Post
    if you ask me, it's all "black and white"!! :d:d:d:d

[ATTACH]125056[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]125098[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
      If I ever shoot
      another deer in Texas I will come out of the brush with my hands behind my head and then pray to sweet Jesus dont let me become a backslider This thread is too serious...who are these people questioning Michael and Leggy???
      HAHAHAHAHAHA
      Mark, you are my favorite!!!

Edit:
      Cam, that was funny too. HAHA

Comment

Hoghunter09, I know both of these gentlemen well enough to tell you, that I will bet my best bird dog Buck....that those officers will tell you the EXACT story that Michael and Stephen have.

I am done.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
          [ATTACH]125098[/ATTACH]
          Originally posted by Hillary View Post
          Cam, that was funny too. HAHA
          You two make a great couple! Kind of a Laurel and Hardy act!

Click image for larger version

Name:	laurel_hardy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	23903159
          Last edited by Fishndude; 10-07-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Last I checked, GW's are State employees and thus We pay their salaries.

I think it's within our right to comment on the job they are doing, as well as comment on the laws our legislature craft.

Personally, I think it was a waste of valuable State (Our) money and resources to ticket someone for a whopping baggie full of deer meat.

As is this particular law. Seems like 6,000+ people have viewed this thread and we're still confused as to how to butcher and transport venison. Good job whomever crafted the laws that govern this (I'm being sarcastic).

Comment

I have followed this thread all the way through, and it has been educational, to say the least. I thought I knew the law pretty well, but learned a few things that I didn't know. My opinions on whether the tickets should have been issued I will keep to myself, because they really don't matter. Bottom line is they are professionals doing a job that is pretty much thankless, and it is not my place to second guess a situation I was not involved in.

I am going into the brush tonight for a stab at the big one. I can promise you I have checked my gear and it is all accounted for. I have two working pens, my liscense, ID, a knife to cut notches in the tag, 15 zip ties, a crucifix and a bottle of Holy Water. If I connect, the tag will be attached to the carcass (complete with bones), not the head, and a WRD will accompany the head and cape from the processor to the taxidermist. I's will be dotted and T's will be crossed in triplicate. I am sure this thread has helped alot of folks to know the law better than they did before.

Carry on.

Comment

Man I'm wore plum out after readin all the way through this one. Sorry about the bad luck Leggy, wrong place wrong time.

Comment

Well after reading and keeping up with the thread sorry to see you find out the hardway.

As for me the last 2 years my kids have shot a deer I always wander why the
                  GW always stopped us before we hit the hiway. It scares me when he does because I always wander if I did everything right. Now I see why he checks the deer, the tag, the license, and what time we shot it. He is looking to see if I made a mistake. Now after this I'm really scared to drive home with my kids kill.

My son wants to be a GW and I would be Proud for him but just like any officer of the law they got alot on there plate.

Comment

Anyone with a CHL is a Good Guy in my book. We are all human and make mistakes. I know this could have been me. Thanks for the Lesson Learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                      I have read this entire thread and have came to the conclusion that when I shoot a deer this year I will call the GW and ask him to come out and help me fill out the tag and harvest log and help me transport the animal watch me skin and quarter let him tell me where the tag goes then, ice down the meat see if I need to transfer the tag from the hide to the cooler, and after iceing down the meat do I need to call a lawyer.
                      You know, you may be on to something.

Comment

i only read the first page but figured out why legdog got a ticket and michael did not.

that trooper and game wardens both looked like aggies and must have known legdog was a longhorn..................

the aggie/longhorn thing can be very powerful.

Comment

Game Wardens are alot like meter maids. This is not meant to put down meter maids.

Comment

sorry for the bad experience and the citations, but thanks for that story. i learned something.

Comment

Just checking in on this thread.

Comment

Back when i was a kid my dad shot at a fake deer off the road STILL dont know why we got a ticket i thought it was legal in east texas......

filling out the license would have been the only ticket i would have given the quatering thing

Comment

Working...
                                X