X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic...

Comment

Originally posted by Nockbreaker View Post
      Wow HogHunter09! We didn't know you were there. Guess we missed you in the pictures. Maybe you shoud take your own advice. Welcome to TBH. Now chill out and relax. You will have more fun on this forum that way. One big giant family. Lets treat each other well.
      Did I say I was there? No! All I was saying is to not make assumptions. None of us were there, except Michael and Steven, and obviously that is the side of the story we are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter09 View Post
        Did I say I was there? No! All I was saying is to not make assumptions. None of us were there, except Michael and Steven, and obviously that is the side of the story we are getting.
        That is the only side of the story I need. I have known both of these gents for 8 years. (cyber space) Never met either one of them but I know the character of these men. And I never made any assumptions just a statement.

Comment

If you ask me, it's all "black and white"!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	michael2.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	23903150

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

[ATTACH]125056[/ATTACH]
            trying to pull Michael back in, are ya?

pot stirrer

Comment

Our side of the story is that the officers were professional and friendly and well within their right to do exactly what they did. Meanwhile we were happy to comply with every request because it took us (me) a while to figure out that I had done anything that might warrant a ticket.

If you want to make assumptions that the game warden's behaved otherwise or that we were less than cordial to the officers that's ok... but honestly, the pictures tell the story... and frankly, our reputaions on the green screens should speak for themselves.

I have a CHL and have never even had a speeding ticket before... this was all new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                Our side of the story is that the officers were professional and friendly and well within their right to do exactly what they did. Meanwhile we were happy to comply with every request because it took us (me) a while to figure out that I had done anything that might warrant a ticket.

If you want to make assumptions that the game warden's behaved otherwise or that we were less than cordial to the officers that's ok... but honestly, the pictures tell the story... and frankly, our reputaions on the green screens should speak for themselves.

I have a CHL and have never even had a speeding ticket before... this was all new to me.

Thus the reason many are still willing to help out if needed amigo...please know the offer still stands.

keep us posted on how the meeting w/ judge goes.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

[ATTACH]125056[/ATTACH]

Hahahahahahaha.....sorry Michael but that is funny Jeff..........

Comment

I wasn't going to bring up the black and white poaching incident.

Comment

First off, dad stay away from Willie's stash its making you too "deep"...

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                      I didnt choose to have the SOUL of an outlaw..I was just born this way..I believe my oldest son has the soul of a cop..he just cant help it...William keeps everything in balance. This forum is made up of the most outstanding group you will ever find.The thread can live forever if someone learns and avoids a ticket

I too want to see the "x rated dirty pics" from this event...

You never know what else took place that day and you know there were more pictures than that.

Seriously though this thread has had multiple opportunities to get completely out of hand and its great to see it remaining civil considering the number of rather passionate participants. I think every opinion about the actual event has been covered so I won't express mine. Just glad to see everyone gettin along! I think i'll be taping the entire reg book to anything I kill after this one!

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt man View Post
                        i have read this entire thread and have came to the conclusion that when i shoot a deer this year i will call the gw and ask him to come out and help me fill out the tag and harvest log and help me transport the animal watch me skin and quarter let him tell me where the tag goes then, ice down the meat see if i need to transfer the tag from the hide to the cooler, and after iceing down the meat do i need to call a lawyer.
                        ditto!

Comment

I just opened this thread to day to try and read through. But the theme stayed the same. I was having a conversation with someone in the office yesterday. You know the type! Knows everything and likes to tell story after story of what he has done. I shot this and killed that!! Most he had to say I am sure was B.S. but it involved things like breaking fishing laws to game laws. I had to stop him!!! To let him know that I respect all game laws and that we were totally diffrent and I consirded myself a fisherman and hunter not just someone out to kill something.

I have always thought the ultimate job would be that of a game warden. I have the upmost respect for them. But I were to get a ticket for such a minor infration that could cost me 500.00. I would be highly disgusted and yes I would lose a little respect for them. No ONE is perfect and we all make mistakes. I can tell you this that I am going to read the laws to make sure I understand them. I had no idea of this law at all. I hunt on a very tight budget and no way I could afford a 500.00 fine for something so minor.

Comment

Thanks for the education, I couldn't have afforded it.

It is my opinion that the reason some people think that some of these laws are ticky tacky is because of the lack of interaction with GW's and Game laws. We don't have to abide by them in our daily lives, only when a particular season opens. We, I personally, have a run in with a LEO just about once a year if not a little more. Some of the time I am fortunate to get a warning. In all the years that I have been hunting I have yet to have a meeting with a GW. Knock on wood. I consider myself fortunate, because I'm sure that I would have been issued some sort of citation. We must take it upon ourselves to know game laws, traffic laws are posted all over the place. Heck they even have signs telling you what to do.

Comment

Guys and Gals. Lets look at this very simplistic. The laws are laws. Any officer can use his or her discretion on writing a ticket. For instance my father, Chief of CLE for the DPS. About the third highest position at DPS. Growing up he told me if I wanted to use his name to get out of a ticket I do it on the spot. At that point it was up to the officer to decide if he wants to give me the ticket. I asked why and his response was "I am not going to one of my employees to asked them to undo a job well done by them". It always stuck with me. They are doing there job and granted some may take it to serious and seem to tough or not lenient. But they are doing there job.

Comment

If I ever shoot
                                another deer in Texas I will come out of the brush with my hands behind my head and then pray to sweet Jesus dont let me become a backslider This thread is too serious...who are these people questioning Michael and Leggy???

Comment

Working...
                                X