No announcement yet.

Do you believe in ghost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My folks place in Franklin HAD something. For the 1st 2 years they were there, a shodow about 6 feet tall would go from the guest bedroom to the master bedroom. We have all seen it numerous times without explination. Whats really wicked is my moms dod (daschund) would look over the back of the couch while we would be weatching TV and growl like crazy. Dog still refuses to walk down the hallway. My mom has to carry thew darned thing every night. Kind of creepy, but nothing we worry about.

Comment

Not a believer in ghosts but a huge believer that a 2 year old can pick up on conversations and ideas from others and make them a reality in their own head. This includes actually seeing Santa on the neighbors roof and believing they caught a glimpse of the Easter bunny in the backyard. To them it is real. The brain is a powerful thing and can create reality out of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
        Dude I walk to the stand like an officer responding to a shots fired call
        LOL! Post of the day?

Comment

I believe, long story and it happened in Snyder Tx

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            I believe, long story and it happened in Snyder Tx
            we got time!

Comment

Y'all been listening to that Coast to Coast radio too much!

Comment

Cool stories.

My parents built their house back in '79 on a lot where a young couple was killed when a tornado hit their house back in the early 1900's. We found their old cistern and lots of bricks from their house while preparing the lot. My parents still use some of those bricks on their walkway. I never could sleep in the bedroom at the end of the hallway. I would have VERY bad nightmares every night so I stayed in the other bedroom and was just fine. I went to college and got booted from my room so when I would go back home I had to stay in the room at the end of the hall. The nightmares returned along with seeing shadows and small ghostly figures running past the doorway. Sometimes the middle of the room would just get very cold suddenly in the middle of the night. One night I had a nightmare about something moving under the sheets at the foot of the bed and then this large figure shot forward and started choking me with the sheets. I woke up gasping for air and left the room to sleep on the couch. It's been 16 years and I haven't slept in that room since.

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                Farmdog (my brother) has the gift.

he can tell you elaborate stories about the poeple who used to live where his house sits now.

Maybe he will see this and tell his own story but he has numerous encounters with people of the past. His most frequent are friends who visit him in a dream to say goodbye. When he wakes, he learns of news that they have died. He has quite a few examples of this.
                I don't know that I have 'the gift' but quite often I will dream things and then see them a few days later exactly as in my dream. Most often it is just scenery or an item but it is always a perfect match to what I saw in the dream.

When I was in college, I had a dream about driving into a small town while a storm was coming. I could see a tornado approaching so I drove right up to the front of a Brookshires grocery store and ran in to warn everyone about the tornado coming. Everyone hid in a small room in the back and the tornado came and ripped the roof off and picked up the small room with eveyone in it. In my dream, I remember looking out the window and seeing the world spinning and the ground getting farther away. I had that sinking feeling in my gut and then woke up.

For some reason, the next day I told that story to the lunchtime bartender at the country club where I waited tables. Pearlene was a VERY religious lady.

I went home to visit my parents that weekend and on the drive back to College Station I went through a horrible thunderstorm with hail and driving rain. I saw on the news that night that a tornado from that same storm system had gone through a small town (I can't remember the name but it was a small town near Austin that started with an 'F') and done a lot of damage. The news report showed a grocery store with the roof missing.

When I went in for my shift on Tuesday, I asked Pearlene if she had seen the news report about the tornado. She said yes and asked 'What about it?'

I said to her 'Remember my dream I told you about last week?'

She covered her mouth and started crying and whispering 'Oh, baby, you got the gift, you got the gift' over and over.

Edit to add: I just did a google search and it was the Jarrel tornado May 27, 1997.
                Last edited by Big Brass; 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Another strange occurence that happened while in college.

I was at my apartment in the middle of the afternoon taking a nap. I was having a very fine dream involving myself and quite a few of Mr. Hefner's fair associates. Mid-dream, of course just before the best part, the phone rings sending me into a new dimension of rage. I picked up the phone and it was one of Mr. Hefner's business acquaintances with an enticing subscription offer.

I went back to my nap and resumed my dream.

I got the gift, I tell you.

Comment

Me and 2 other buddies where driving down the highway road off of I-20 to go to Lake Fork to go fish,I would say it was around 4:30 in the morning,well about 4 or 5 miles down the road from I-20,all 3 of us saw a white glow of a lady in a white dress cross the road on front of us,and we all looked at each other and didnt say a thing,we all know what we had seen,but didnt talk about it,but i know it was real and I believe in the ghost or spirits......Brian

Comment

Originally posted by TexbowJ View Post
                      Jake5344....since you asked (black Panthers). It's a frequent thread here. You, being a new guy (Welcome!) must now devote yourself to taking a picture of a black panther, in the wild and posting it. So, this season give up bow hunting, grab your camera and get busy. It's a right of passage for all new guys.

Remember, panther is a cougar and not a leopard or jaguar. I know you can do it! Many before you have.

Again, welcome !

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but black panthers and ghost have a lot in common.
                      Most of the cougars I see are white. But I have spotted the occasional white cougar with a black panther. This is more of an urban thing though, I have never seen this occur in a rural setting.

Comment

Between this post and the one with the flash light up the no-no hole, I am having trouble working today.

Comment

Little kids are creepy like that. If my son ever pulls that crap on me I might have to self medicate (drink) to sleep that night. Funny thing is, the kids convince themselves it really happened. Believing in things that cant be scientifically proven takes faith. I dont have any faith in ghosts.

Comment

Yes..........

Comment

i lived in a 2-story house in in high school. this house was in the brookhollow subdivision in lufkin. we had a room downstairs made into a study and late at night it would fill with the smell of cigar smoke. it was strange no one in my household smoked. also i was home after my freshman year of college and i woke up to a bald faceless man in all black floating over my bed. another time my friend and i were cleaning our golf club grips about to go play a round when he said i din't know your dad was going with us. I replied he isn't he is in south carolina. well i just saw him walk up the stairs he was wearing all black. i said aww i see that ghost all the time. he turned white and never came back to my house

Comment

I've caught glimpses of people/things at my mom's house. but it's my kids that have been able to give me details. like a bearded guy walking down the hallway or lady in blue standing in the kitchen. I got yelled at once by my daughter for pulling her hair and there was noone around her. I believe in them but I 100% believe kids are WAY more in tune to that kinda thing and see/experience more

Comment

Working...
                                X