Bicycle Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingPin View Post
    Wouldn't it be classified as a motorized vehicle if you added a motor?
    I don't know ??

I haven't thought about that question since I was a kid mounting a Briggs edger motor on a bike to make a motor bike.

When the state of Texas was going to make us register them is when we quit building them (around 1966)

Comment

Originally posted by -Super-Dave- View Post
      I've heard there's good opportunities for nilgai in public hunting areas, but if your that far in... must be hell to bring it out. I've heard of someone using a bike between two people to get it out, but surely someone who has done this would have pictures, right?
      All I can say is that you'd earn the moniker "Super Dave" if you pull that one off!!! A friend of mine hunted Laguna Atacosta last year. The refuge personel told them at the safety meeting they would come help a hunter if they downed a Nilgai. I'd check to make sure but like CJ said, it's going to be a chore getting a cow much less a bull nilgai out of the woods on a Bicycle.

We don't put them cool looking winches on the headache racks for looks, they worth they're weight in GOLD when you got 300# of dead weight Nilgai to pull up into the bed. This pic has 625#'s of dressed nilgai in the bed.

Comment

ok nobody has done it yet, so i'll be your huckelberry!

Bike hunting? hmmm... havn't tried it yet...
        are they easy to clean?
        doesn't seem like they have much meat on them!
        do they have a special season or can you hunt them year around?
        how do they cook?
        any good reciepes??

Comment

Never thought of that. In the right place, it looks like it`s a very viable idea.
          Bad weather being the fly in the ointment here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog7906 View Post
            ok nobody has done it yet, so i'll be your huckelberry!

Bike hunting? hmmm... havn't tried it yet...
            are they easy to clean?
            doesn't seem like they have much meat on them!
            do they have a special season or can you hunt them year around?
            how do they cook?
            any good reciepes??

Comment

I may have to consider this as an option to walking. I have a nice trek mountain bike i recently purchased. I just need to get the add ons such as the bowholder, etc...

Comment

Just curious, how much noise does is there w/the bowmounted racks? I was pretty impressed w/the silence of the bike going in this morning, but I only had a light pack on my back.

Also, what kind of contraption do you have for pulling a trailer type rig?

Greg

Comment

Very cool thread--Gotta get my son to see this--My kidos love to ride their bikes at the lease--very sneaky.

Comment

Also, what kind of contraption do you have for pulling a trailer type rig?
                    I just mounted a cross piece of square tubing on to the tail of a rear wheel shelf. Drilled a hole and put an eye bolt through. The cart has it's own eye bolt and I just Quick Link them together. The cart should be loaded properly where there is not much "tongue weight" to stress whatever you mount it to. The lower you mount it the more stable the bike will be.

Comment

..thought I'd bring this back up...
                      good topic

and to add to this thread
                      a link to another bike thread

Comment

hold still while i strap this big stinky - gutted - hog to your back....Ok now pedal your a@@ back to camp...hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                          hold still while i strap this big stinky - gutted - hog to your back....Ok now pedal your a@@ back to camp...hahahaha
                          I do love that pic

Comment

As much as I hang around here I can't believe I have never seen this thread..... this is great!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                              As much as I hang around here I can't believe I have never seen this thread..... this is great!
                              Don't you always see a gun rack on a camo bike in tourist vacation pictures from Cali?

The late season rain and levee mud makes mine useless for duck hunting late season.

Comment

My hunting Bike

I use his on public land. About 3 miles to where I hunt.
                                Mike
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X