Bicycle Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptJack View Post
    .....This is the Montague folding military bike now used by both the Swiss and a number of U.S. paratrooper units
    (civilian versions for sale at Sams on occasion)

Or they can be ordered from their web sight. That is the same bike I am currently useing. These are fully foldable bikes. I took the 2.1" knobbys off and added Tom Slick 1.5"s, bar ends for the Fin-Grip Pros, removable seat post rack, and a removable front fender for when it gets nasty out. I also have another one for off roading and past winter training. Being a foldable bike has it's space saving advantages when transporting

Here it is without the Fin-Grips. People look at me funny when I do a "neighbor hood assalt" ride or commute down the street with them on .

Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-09-2010, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Texas Grown - One of my best friends has two too. (bought at Sams)
      He bought the 2nd one as a guest bike, but he now has a new wife

Comment

you can always put your deer on the bike and roll him out

not real sharp

Comment

Here is my ride. The picture of the buck laying on the seat with the head over the handle bars was what I had to do last year when the axle on my cart busted. There was no way I could have drug it, it was too far and he was too big.
          Attached Files

Comment

I wish the refuge we hunt would allow them. 5 miles to the back so there aren't many who will make that walk.

Comment

I would sure hate to endo on bike #2

I have never hunted on a bike but have mountain biked at my deer lease. The deer have a really surprised look when you ride up to them. I guess the noise is not familiar to them so they don't know what to do.

Comment

Here's my Hagerman bike, get to use it again in Segment A.

It's gotten bloody also.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by kurt68; 09-08-2009, 07:19 AM. Reason: add pic.

Comment

the guy ridding with the deer on his shoulders thrue town. lol

Comment

turkey hunting

and when the road is closed to motorized vehicles
                    but still open to bicycles

Comment

Comment

I like the idea and have thought about doing this myself, but I dont think I would put any animal on my shoulders/bike on public lands. I have heard of to to many people that say they shoot or will shoot at anyhting.

Comment

Wow! Pretty amazing thread...I thought I could piece together bikes when I was a kid. I did not even scratch the surface!!!

Comment

I like sneaking around on a bike in the woods. follow a cow trail or a road and you will get more close to game than on a 4 wheeler. I only hunt 500 acres so when I kill something I go back and get the 4 wheeler to haul it out. As I have said previously on this subject, I have had fawns chase me and have ran right through a flock of wild turkey. The bike is a must for me and keeps me in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              People look at me funny when I do a "neighbor hood assalt" ride or commute down the street with them on .

[ATTACH]119011[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]119012[/ATTACH]
                              Urban assault bike indeed! I'm not really into mountain bikes, but that thing is awesome. It needs a Blackhawk Serpa retention holster on the "top tube" just for some added effect

You guys have got some cool hunting bikes! Great ideas. But I'm a bad enough climber as it is. I can only imagine what climbing with a fully loaded game cart on the back would be like

Comment

Very interesting subject and info here...thanks CaptJack

Comment

Working...
                                X