No announcement yet.

cottonseed ???? Deer food ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt near Archer City and have not been able to find a supply source in the area. There are plenty of dairy farmers in the area that feed it to their cows. However, it is delivered to them in bulk and not available to single hunters.

I wish I could find a mill close!

Comment

Can cotton seed be used for growing cotton?

Comment

I dont know where so many came up with the idea that rain doesnt hurt it.Maybe its only too humid in the RGV or you mean deer eat it before it all sprouts or rots. Water and cotton are only friends for certain growing season windows. I feed it daily.plant it..grow it..pick it...gin it (Bud gins it with Leydas cousins). You can currently contract for 74 cents a pound for next years crop not bad.The cotton seed can gets kicked around here a lot for 2 reasons...The whole seed works great as feed and the lint fiber makes awesome breathable fashion wear

Comment

74 cents is for the lint by the lb. The seed usually sold by the ton. I hope it gets so high everyone complains. I have the same hope for yellow corn.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            This thread just won't die

Cottonseed works. Deer love it. Rain won't hurt it. It's high in protein, fiber, and fat. Anymore questions?
            this^^^^

Comment

I used to buy it through Cape and Sons in Abilene.

I paid at the gin in Sweatwater when I picked it up.

I am sure there are other places or gins to buy it closer than going to Sweatwater.

Comment

Macy LedBetter has a great video on this topic, google it.

Comment

This thread just won't die

Cottonseed works. Deer love it. Rain won't hurt it. It's high in protein, fiber, and fat. Anymore questions?
                  Does it make the deer sterile ???

Comment

Cape and Sons out of Abilene can lead you in the right direction

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Does it make the deer sterile ???

No

Comment

Spaceman merupakan situs slot spaceman yang berasal dari provider Pragmatic Play paling gacor tahun 2024, dan game slot terbaru dari Pragmatic Play yang bisa dimainkan dengan modal kecil!

Comment

Originally posted by Faulkster View Post
                          Macy LedBetter has a great video on this topic, google it.

Enjoyed his podcast .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8pNxtiA07k"]How Cottonseed Can Help Grow Bigger Bucks - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

No
                            That's what my brother in laws cousin said. He is a lease manager near Jasper Tx. He has extensive buck deer knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                              That's what my brother in laws cousin said. He is a lease manager near Jasper Tx. He has extensive buck deer knowledge.
                              Maybe in a high fence place but NOT free range

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
                                Maybe in a high fence place but NOT free range
                                I don't know he's pretty knowledgeable about deer. Has those silent east Tx feeders and everything. Even had a pic of a black panther at a feeder.

Comment

Working...
                                X