No announcement yet.

Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Cowtown Bowmen March 2 & 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok yall ive been out of the big 3d shoots for a while now and i looked on the ASA website and was wanting to know what the difference between open A, open B, and open C were. Trying to think what class i would be in. can anyone tell me?

Comment

Saturday for me!

Comment

Originally posted by camo_cowboy55 View Post
        ok yall ive been out of the big 3d shoots for a while now and i looked on the ASA website and was wanting to know what the difference between open A, open B, and open C were. Trying to think what class i would be in. can anyone tell me?
        Open A - 45 yd max , all unknown distance, speed limit 290 fps
        Open B - 45 yd max , 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown, speed limit 290
        Open C - 40 yd max , 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown , speed limit 280 and this is a win your way out class with no Shooter of the Year award

Comment

So if I shot the open c I can't be in the shooter of the year and that means I don't get a Chance at a buckle? Or is the buckle only for the pros ?

Comment

Yes that's correct, sort of.
            Open C State Champion wins a buckle, but there isn't an award (or buckle) for SOY in that class.
            Last edited by Pistol; 02-28-2013, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken Legs View Post
              Alright!! So now I'm trying to shoot for 2nd place!!!
              I will be shooting a con 4 as well. Trying something new.
              Yeah! It's an awesome bow!

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
              Isn't that the bow you shot at Brazos County? I'm just askin'
              Hahaha yes it is- got her warmed up and now that she has stretched her limbs, she is back in shape!
              The only advantage you may have is if you are shooting at the new speed limit. I will be staying at 277 so I can use this bow at the Pro-Ams in Women's Open A.

Comment

Originally posted by camo_cowboy55 View Post
                So if I shot the open c I can't be in the shooter of the year and that means I don't get a Chance at a buckle? Or is the buckle only for the pros ?
                You can win your way out of Open C , that's why there isn't a SOY award for that class The link will get you that info. SCROLL DOWN near bottom of home page

Details here: http://texasasafederation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                  Yes that's correct, sort of.
                  Open C State Champion wins a buckle, but there isn't an award (or buckle) for SOY in that class.
                  so in order to win a chance at the buckle i have to be in like open A, or open B class, correct? and i just have to shoot one state qualifyer? to go to state?

Its been a long time since i have shot a ASA shoot and the rules have changed since the last time i have shot in one.

Comment

If you finish in the top 50% in your class, or shoot 2 qualifiers you will be qualified for state. And yes, bow novice and open c do not have SOY, so no buckle. They are designed to encourage new shooters to get into the game, and then move up when they are ready, or win out.

Comment

Qustion, I will be shooting in Open C and my son will be in youth pins, will we be allowed to shoot together?

We only have one range finder between us.

Comment

Todd and the Cowtown crew,Place is looking great! Good to see you yesterday Todd.We will see ya'll this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by KRS View Post
                          Qustion, I will be shooting in Open C and my son will be in youth pins, will we be allowed to shoot together?

We only have one range finder between us.
                          Y'all will be on different ranges. So y'all will not be together.
                          You can ask Tracy to sign one of y'all up in a group with another range finder or you can find me and I will let you use mine during the tourney. I shoot all unknown so I don't need it during the shoot.

Comment

Thanks Chicken Leg. I may have to take you up on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by KRS View Post
                              Thanks Chicken Leg. I may have to take you up on that one.
                              I will be there all day Saturday and Sunday so just find me and let me know.

Comment

Weather Update. Looks like Sunday is shaping up nicely. Put an order in for a little more warmth on Saturday so we will see if it gets here in time. :-)

Keep in mind both ranges are in the woods so wind should not be a factor.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X