Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saltgrass archers meeting with Galveston Parks dept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidmariam View Post
    @M-2. Thanks so very much for ur response and ur suggestions, as they r intelligent as well as noteworthy. Perhaps a letter to the Parks Department from u would weigh alot in their decision making. God Bless u and best of luck with ur shooting. Perhaps u r the true winner of the "Hunter Games".
    Thanks, but I really don't have a dog in this hunt, since I live in North Texas, so your Parks Department would pay me no heed. Thank for the good wishes for my shooting, but the trad archery community has broken my heart. I haven't touched a bow since October and not sure I can bring myself to do so every again. I got a good education about certain trad leadership personalities. This is what gave me some empathy for your and your husband's situation. People rarely take the trouble to get all sides to a story.
    No, I wasn't the winner of "Hunger Games", but my husband was (at a CCR competition last year).
    Best luck to you all down there.

Comment

Yes, good luck to Saltgrass.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your support in getting Saltgrass Archery back up and running !

I am very appreciative of all the work that George and Carol Ann put into this facility.
        I am working with a group of archery enthusiasts to get the range up and working and continue the Greek's legacy.

The website will be up soon, maybe even this week. The FaceBook page up, but I have not sent any info to place on the page yet. The paper work is almost ready for the County. I and fieldarcher will keep everyone up to speed on how we are doing.

As soon as the county has blessed the paper, we will post the work weekend days and finish getting the roughest area ready.

I think Carol Ann said it right...start where we are with what you have !! Thank you for your hard work on the range. I hope we can pick up, clean up, set up and let the arrows fly !!!

more later.....mikerr

Comment

Hello all, The county parks dept.Has all new staff that started in sept or so they seem extremely interested in the Archery range ..Their legal dept.is working on the contracts now but will take a while to complete...
          Mikerr and I will be at the Range this afternoon around 4:30pm for a little practice and range check...

Comment

What's the address to the range or directions so people like my self that are interested know where to go??

Comment

Originally posted by TXChickenRanch View Post
              What's the address to the range or directions so people like my self that are interested know where to go??
              It's at jack brooks park off hwy six. Coming from Hitchcock head west on six its on the right. Take the road between the lady of Lourdes Catholic Church and the fairgrounds. Go over the diversionary canal and its at the left of the first intersection.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362583778.421388.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	24177822
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362583799.709851.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	24177823

If I didn't have a ton of stuff too do for bownanza I'd make it out. Try and catch y'all next time

Comment

the Park address is :

Jack Brooks Park
                5700 FM2004
                Hitchcock, Tx

From I45, take the Fm1764 exit, immediately turn left on FM2004 and follow it to the park. Turn right into the park. Take the park road all the way to the "T" in the back. Turn right and it will dead end at the SaltGrass Archery Range.
                If the gate is open,,,drive on to the back where the practice range is. If the gate is locked, park at the gate area, step over the gate and come on back to the practice range.
                If you are coming from Hwy 6, follow Russ81's map and most excellent directions !!

Comment

This is the land of my people's... I know it well

Comment

Cool, I'm gonna try and make it out so I can introduce myself! Just need to talk to my timekeeper and see what she has planned. Thanks for the directions.

Comment

Originally posted by TXChickenRanch View Post
                      Cool, I'm gonna try and make it out so I can introduce myself! Just need to talk to my timekeeper and see what she has planned. Thanks for the directions.
                      Hope you can make it. Looking forward to meeting you. Fieldarcher is going to show me how to hit the target at 80 yds. I probably should have brought more arrows

Comment

Originally posted by mikerr View Post
                        Thank you everyone for your support in getting Saltgrass Archery back up and running !

I am very appreciative of all the work that George and Carol Ann put into this facility.
                        I am working with a group of archery enthusiasts to get the range up and working and continue the Greek's legacy.

The website will be up soon, maybe even this week. The FaceBook page up, but I have not sent any info to place on the page yet. The paper work is almost ready for the County. I and fieldarcher will keep everyone up to speed on how we are doing.

As soon as the county has blessed the paper, we will post the work weekend days and finish getting the roughest area ready.

I think Carol Ann said it right...start where we are with what you have !! Thank you for your hard work on the range. I hope we can pick up, clean up, set up and let the arrows fly !!!

more later.....mikerr
                        Enjoyed visiting with you today. If you have any more ? shoot us a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                          Enjoyed visiting with you today. If you have any more ? shoot us a pm.
                          It was great meeting you and selfbow !! I will keep you all in the loop

Comment

Working...
                          X