Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saltgrass archers meeting with Galveston Parks dept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saltgrass archers meeting with Galveston Parks dept.

I met with the Galveston parks dept.They are working on the contracts with all the area's in the park..They are very interested in the archery range..I asked about running water,club house, bridges,rebuilding target stands Insurance...They will advertise on their website for Saltgrass archery..

cool, Keep us updated! Ill help out when i can if need be!

Comment

Good deal! Hope it all gets worked out.

Comment

What will the official setup loom like? Board of directors? Insurance? Access to the range? Did the parks have any stipulations like these?

Comment

Is anything going to get worked out in time to have a shoot this year?

Comment

Let me know if yall need any help, with work out there, id volunteer some time when I can to help out. Ive never shot out there but I live just down the road and would enjoy a good place close to the house to shoot.

Comment

Has anyone been in touch with George (the Greek)? We really need his help to get moving so there can be a shoot this year. George has the targets, and those may be his if he purchased them, the scorecards and basically everything needed to make a transition with the new parks director. If anyone can get ahold of him to help us with some answers, we may be able to salvage a few months of shooting tournaments and having some good fellowship. As it stands right now it appears we will be starting from complete scratch even though this field, partnership and club/organization has been around for decades without the help of the past president who has everything we need to get started. including the history.

Comment

Thanks for all the response's ..The Galveston parks dept needs the board of director list, the 501c3 non profit form, and insurance before we can have a public shoot..I am looking into the insurance with ASA and NFAA...
                So please George Help us out I hope you would like to see the club you have been a part for so long succeed...Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fieldArcher View Post
                  Thanks for all the response's ..The Galveston parks dept needs the board of director list, the 501c3 non profit form, and insurance before we can have a public shoot..I am looking into the insurance with ASA and NFAA...
                  So please George Help us out I hope you would like to see the club you have been a part for so long succeed...Thanks
                  JACK we need the 501c3 this is what we dond have you make a board and then the contract from the parks no one ever give me the 501c3 this was the problem.The new board going to get the 501c3 after you get the contract from the parks they never give me a contract so i can form no profit organization YES I LOVE SALTGRASS AND I WILL HELP DON'T ASK ME TO GIVE YOU THINKS I DON'T HAVE. GEORGE

Comment

So George you dont have a membership list without one its hard to contact members who would like to be on the board...And the 3d targets and lawn mower when are you going to return them...And when does the insurance runout ..To have a shoot we will need insurance the cost needs to come out of saltgrass's account..

Comment

Originally posted by fieldarcher View Post
                      so george you dont have a membership list without one its hard to contact members who would like to be on the board...and the 3d targets and lawn mower when are you going to return them...and when does the insurance runout ..to have a shoot we will need insurance the cost needs to come out of saltgrass's account..
                      okey jack you don't have a shoot before you get board and 501 salt grass don't have eny money i ben working the salt grass with my on money for 10 years every thing at salt grass is mine im willing to help if i see a board

Comment

Ok folks following along, who wants to be on the Board for Saltgrass? Plenty of oppurtunity here. If we can get a board formed maybe we can get some help from the past to make this thing go through. Fieldarcher sign me up as a boardmember and I will help the best I can. George I would hope that you too can be on the board at least as the ex-officio or past president.

Comment

What are the responsibilities of a board member? Just want to know what I might be getting myself into!!

Comment

It shouldn't be too terribly much. A board oversees the range, money, equipment, shoots and works hard to make the members or visitors feel welcome. Of course helping to setup and maintain the place is always part of the job but others pitch in to help as well. We were fortunate to have George and his crew take care of alot of things that we didn't know he did. Kudos to him but its time to move forward and it would be nice for him to assist In the transition.

Comment

I would like to help and might consider a board position if that's what's needed. A flyer to all past members asking for volunteers would be a great place to start. I would have never known about any of this had I not looked on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X