Its Baaack...Delta Targets ASA Southwest Shoot-Out Club/Shop Team Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
    Chamber of Commerce host a shoot on Thursday with cash payback. Pro/ Am this year just like a regular team shoot . This shoot has been free in the past , not sure about this year.

Mathews shoot is an Am/Am since the pros are shooting their first rounds on friday. Cash and mathews strings for the winning teams. This shoot you must pay for at ASA registration area and is assigned ranges and targets.

The Shop/Club challenge is Sat. morning at 8 am. It is $50 per team with cash payback and bragging rights,Not run by ASA but using ASA ranges and targets.

A little more info......

The Chamber of Commerce team shoot has a $10.00 entry fee. It will be at 1:00pm Thursday. You will need to sign up for this shoot at the ASA registration trailer. You will be assigned to a stake along with 3 other amatuers and a pro. You will get a box lunch and there will be cash awards for 1st and 2nd place on each 10 target range. There could be as many as 8 ten target ranges depending on how many shooters sign up. There will also be a special drawing after the awards where over $2000.00 worth of merchandise will be given away so make sure to be there. Regular team shoot format which means:

1. Your team will discuss the yardage
    2. Both 12 rings (high 12 and low 12) and the 14 ring are in play
    3. Team drops the lowest scoring arrow
    4. If target is determined by group to be over 30 yards any shooter in a 30 yard class may walk up 10 steps.

Also...and this is very important. If you are from Texas, Oklahoma, or Arkansas your individual score from this event and/or the Friday team shoot will qualify you for the Red River Shoot-Out.

Many people have asked...Why no city shoot this year???

1. Many shooters have requested to shoot with a pro in the team shoot. At Paris the pros shoot on Friday so this was not possible in years past.

2.The City shoot had become so big (360 shooters last year on a walk up start) that it almost killed Tracy, Jimmy Mitchell and I. We worked it nonstop from daylight until dark and had to turn away shooters.

3.Then ASA had to re-stake 80 targets that were used for the team shoot.

Some people have said....Well..they have a city shoot in Metropolis. This is true but the chamber of commerce in Metropolis pays a staff to run this event but guess what... It has gotten to big for them too. ASA and the Metro chamber have approached Tracy and I to put together a staff to run Metropolis city shoot.

The Friday team shoot is the regular Zebra Twist team shoot. 1:00 pm on Friday. Entry fee is $20.00. 5 amatuer shooters will be randomly paired together. 1st and 2nd place paid per 10 target range. Winning teams win $80.00 per man for 1st and $60.00 per man for second plus a certificate for a Zebra Twist string. This shoot always sells out so get registered early. Regular team shoot rules apply which means:

4. If target is determined by group to be over 30 yards any shooter in a 30 yard class may walk up 10 steps.

Your individual score will qualify you for the Red River Shoot-Out in this event also.

The Saturday ASA Delta Club/Shop Challenge is our own Texas ASA Federation event. 8:00 am on Saturday. $50.00 entry fee per team. All entry fees are paid back. You choose your own 5 shooter teams based on a point system determined by shooting class. This event is a lot of fun and was really popular last year. Regular team shoot rules apply which means.

This year looks to be the biggest turnout ever. All rooms in Paris have been booked for almost a week now. People are booking rooms in Commerce, Sulphur Springs and Sherman at this time. I think we will go over 1300 shooters this year.

See Ya'll there !!!!

Comment

Mike , I knew you would fill in the blanks for me. I have been out of the loop for a while but I am on a slow train back.

Comment

So far I have rosters from:

Archer's for Christ #1 (Paris, Tx.)
        Archer's for Christ #2 (Paris, Tx.)
        Just Nok It Archery (Vernon, Tx.)
        The Foam Commanders (Trosper Archery Club Oklahoma City)
        Great Southwest Gun and Archery (Grand Prairie, Tx.)
        Outdoor Pro Shop (Garland, Tx.)
        Hoyt Attack (Arrowsmith Outfitters) Arlington, Tx.
        Precision Archery (Broken Bow, Okla.)
        Shoot Em Up Archery (Paris, Tx)
        Cimarron Valley Archery Club (Cushing, Oklahoma)
        Cowtown Bowmen (Ft. Worth, Texas)
        Pigeon Road Shooting Supplies (Stephenville, Texas)
        Cowtown Numero Uno (Ft. Worth, Texas)
        All Star Archery #1 (Lewisville, Texas)
        All Star Archery #2 (Lewisville, Texas)
        Sons of Archery (Trosper Archery Club, Oklahoma City)
        Cinnamon Creek Ranch #1 (Roanoke, Texas)
        Cinnamon Creek Ranch #2 (Roanoke, Texas)
        Cinnamon Creek Ranch #3 (Roanoke, Texas)
        Coyote Bluff Archery (Bristow, Oklahoma)
        The Outhouse (Waco, Texas)

I have rosters pending from:

On Target Archery (3 teams) Canton, Texas
        Timber Ridge Archery (Decatur, Texas)

Thats 25 teams so far. Oklahoma is in the house with 5 teams. I am expecting some Arkansas teams soon and possibly a Colorado team or two.

Comment

Working...
        X