No announcement yet.

Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Cinnamon Creek Ranch on January 28-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out both day's on the pin range. It was really great to see all of the new first time shooters. Many of them were family groups, Husband, wife and kids. Could not of asked for better weather and as always Joe was a great host. I also met his wife for the first time and she is a sweet heart working in the concession stand and keeping Joe in line.Thier attention to the small details is one thing that helped to make this shoot a home run.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
      New Texas ASA and National ASA record for a state qualifier.

262 Shooters

Thank You Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas ASA shooters !!!

Thank You Cinnamon Creek Ranch for hosting this event !!!

That is Awesome! Congrats to the ASA and CCR! Can't wait to see the scores!

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
        Had a great time shooting with Brett,Jayde, and Logan. Great group of guys and my wife had a great time shooting on her own for the first time. Thanks to Cindy, Dodie, and Dearl for making her feeling comfortable and giving her some pointers during the shoot. She talked about yall all the way home.
        It was a pleasure shooting with you Sir , Congrats on your win , but dont get used to it , Im bringing the heat next tourney

Comment

we had a great time shooting with derrek, brandon and terry. GREAT GUYS!! would have been better if Luke and I weren't suffering from target panic so bad. We are both committing to back tension releases for the rest of this year..Luke was in tears at one point yday on the course..going to get better tho! Thanks to jayde and brett last night for staying late last night helping Luke with his back tension release.

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
            I shot a 270 in Novice (my first shoot). I'm pretty sure that's below average. The two 5's I had back to back really hurt me. LOL

Things I learned: I need better binoculars. Some of the targets I couldn't make out even the 10 ring.

Bow Novice DOES have some really great shooters. One guy that shot with me (Charles) was a great shooter.

I have to make me one of those stool things. Carrying 5 arrows in your front pocket is for the birds.

Practice more than once the week before a shoot. I'll surely think of more.

Kelsey. I have got a stool that you can have. I meant to bring it but I forgot it. It is all rigged out with arrow tubes and ready to go.

I will warn you in advance....Its red and black...Hoyt colors...and has some Hoyt decals.

Let me know which shoot you will attend next and I will bring it to you.

Comment

It was good to shoot some foam again! looking forward to the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by murph62 View Post
                we had a great time shooting with derrek, brandon and terry. GREAT GUYS!! would have been better if Luke and I weren't suffering from target panic so bad. We are both committing to back tension releases for the rest of this year..Luke was in tears at one point yday on the course..going to get better tho! Thanks to jayde and brett last night for staying late last night helping Luke with his back tension release.
                Yessir it was a blast. I saw yalls trucks still there after the meeting last night and figured yall were in there working out stuff. See yall next tourney!

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                  It was a pleasure shooting with you Sir , Congrats on your win , but dont get used to it , Im bringing the heat next tourney
                  Looking forward to the friendly yet fierce competition!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    Kelsey. I have got a stool that you can have. I meant to bring it but I forgot it. It is all rigged out with arrow tubes and ready to go.

I will warn you in advance....Its red and black...Hoyt colors...and has some Hoyt decals.

Let me know which shoot you will attend next and I will bring it to you.
                    You're too kind, Mike!! That will be great. I appreciate it. Will let you know what shoot I'll make. Maybe the Irving one.

Comment

You're too kind, Mike!! That will be great. I appreciate it. Will let you know what shoot I'll make. Maybe the Irving one.
                      Bring that kid in your avatar with ya & tell em to bring their bow & shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                        Bring that kid in your avatar with ya & tell em to bring their bow & shoot
                        I'm working with her, Brett. She's just not quite strong enough to pull back her new bow yet (32 pounds). Might have to get her a smaller one.....or get her to eat like me.

Comment

I'm working with her, Brett. She's just not quite strong enough to pull back her new bow yet (32 pounds). Might have to get her a smaller one.....or get her to eat like me.
                          I think we might have a real low poundage bow around here somewhere, if i find it she can have then pass it on when she out grows it.

Comment

Great to see everyone one on Sunday. Had a good time and the course was very challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer1 View Post
                              Nice seeing so many people out today!
                              Nice seeing YOU back in the ASA Tour with that competitive spirit.
                              BOUT TIME!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meatatarian View Post
                                Nice seeing YOU back in the ASA Tour with that competitive spirit.
                                BOUT TIME!!!!
                                I lost any "competitive anything"
                                somewhere after 3 hours on the course,
                                but before the 6 hours to finish 30.
                                (So happy our drive home was relatively quick)!

Great job by the parents & kids who stuck it out...
                                5 arrows/hour, my kids won't do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X