Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoyt_maniac View Post
    Them ants are a distraction for sure
    Mike, I think I still have some in my shooters chair left from last time....LOL

Comment

I hear that Scott everytime I put on my snake boots and take em off ants are still coming out on my socks

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt_maniac View Post
        I hear that Scott everytime I put on my snake boots and take em off ants are still coming out on my socks
        LOL...see you and Manny sunday

Comment

Oh Heck its raining maybe it will wash all the ants away!!!!! We'll just have to worry about the Skeetas!!! Good Luck to every one on Sun.! Yeah Scott see you Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyDiamondShooter View Post
            Oh Heck its raining maybe it will wash all the ants away!!!!! We'll just have to worry about the Skeetas!!! Good Luck to every one on Sun.! Yeah Scott see you Sunday!
            And the humidity - ugh. Or humdidity as I call it. The weekend is supposed to have a heat index into the teens and low twenties (i.e. 115+). I know some of us are used to the heat (Mike...), but us fair lasses from overseas are very delicate. Lol.

I remember the ants at Saltgrass, but I was not there the last time - are they that bad that they'll be crawling all over us? I mean, should I wear boots? They don't sting though right?

Comment

Ms. Lynda the ant do not sting they are just a nuisance and yes boots and pants would probably be a good Idea!

Comment

We have been discussing the ants and the heat and the fact that George's wife went into the hospital yesterday and all things considered, we are going to put the question to y'all. We can go ahead and hold the shoot this weekend or we can reschedule for September or October when the weather is likely going to be cooler. If you guys want to brave the heat and the crazy ants we will go ahead with this weekend, but if you'd rather wait and schedule for later, that is good, too. Please post here and let us know what your thoughts are. We will hold off making a decision until we get some feedback.

Comment

I'm game for whatever ppl wanna do just as long as its not in the time from of Aug 29-September 19 we have a unit shut down and also have to consider October is bow season just throwing that out there. If the rain washes the ants away and the skeeters come in we have thermocell the ants can't be prevented so like I said it don't bother me the heat I work in everyday. So those are my opinions. My vote is game for any call that is made ima team player

Comment

I say Family is first and by all means reschedule George needs to be with his wife.

Comment

I'm with Mike Whatever is best for everybody! Heat and ants is what we dealt with last time and skeetas are the norm here in Texas! So it doesnt matter to me either!

Comment

After discussing this with the range crew and the membership, and with the feedback from here, we are going to reschedule the shoot for the 25th of September. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to see you in September. Thanks so much for your support.

Comment

I'm glad about the date change - for George and his wife - but also for my own personal well being in that insidious heat. It should be a few degrees cooler by then, but who knows!?

SaltGrassMama - thank you for keeping us informed, and for all you do for Saltgrass. Will also be praying for George's wife while she's in the hospital.

Comment

Hope and pray George's wife gets a full recovery. What time will the shoot be the 25th as ill have to drive in from the ranch that's my bday as well but depending on time I might or might not be there.

Comment

Sorry to hear bout Georges wife, Prayers for them both, and hope all is ok...

Thx for the updates and I will let ppl from Banana Bend know of the change.

BTW, maybe thats why G isn't answering his phone today.....

Comment

I hope all is well with Georges wife.... Good call on the date change...

Comment

Working...
                                X