Finally for you mouth breathers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally for you mouth breathers!!

I know it has been a long off season, and everyone is getting anxious. The new Texas ASA Federation Schedule is posted. There are some changes this year, and they will be further explained by Mike Smith very soon. With a total of 19 TX shoots, a State Championship, and 3 National shoots within 3.5 hours of the Metroplex, there should be more than enough to keep everyone flinging sticks all summer long. So with no more waiting check here for the regional schedule that best suits you!!!

Will there be a seperate shooter of the year for east and west? I am smack dab in the middle and will likely attend shoots in both. I know of the paris Pro-AM but where is the other 2 national shoots?

Comment

There are 2 shoots in West Monroe LA. And one of them is the ASA Classic!!

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous dan View Post
        Will there be a seperate shooter of the year for east and west? I am smack dab in the middle and will likely attend shoots in both. I know of the paris Pro-AM but where is the other 2 national shoots?
        You can compete in both regions for SOY. You can win one but if you win both the second place shooter in Non-Home region would get the award. You will be peer grouped with the other region winners at state and shoot for buckle at that shoot.

Comment

I live right between the east and west regions. How do I know which region is my home region?

Comment

I posted this statement on the other thread. Here it is for this thread.

We are still working with the ASA national office on the 2011 SOY format. Nothing is set in stone....yet.

We are breaking new ground here in Texas. There has never been a need for a "regional format" in any ASA state federation. Therefore there has never been any issues with SOY scoring....all shooters were shooting the same schedule. In 2011 we will have 19 state qualifiers reaching from Paris to San Angelo to Brownwood to Houston with a lot of stops in between. Shooters will be shooting different venues. Each region will have ranges with different degrees of difficulty under different weather conditions. Raw score totals will not be a fair assesment of SOY. We will not be comparing apples to apples as we will have shooters competing in three different regions. I have lost many hours of sleep trying to come up with a fair and equitalble format for SOY for 2011. We are very close, but we still have to get approval from the ASA National Federation Director.

I will release a new home page message soon that will include the new classes for 2011, rule changes for 2011, move up list for Open C and Bow Novice from the 2010 season and the new 2011 SOY format.

We wanted to get the schedule out so shooters could start making plans for the 2011 Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail.

More exciting Texas ASA information will be coming soon.

Comment

Looks good guys! I really like the new format! I can not wait. I have a few new additions to bring to the 3D world!!

Comment

Great job on the schedule, Mike!! I really like it already!

Comment

Nice. I hope that I will be able to make more tournaments this coming year.

Comment

Awesome!!! Gonna be a lot of fun!! Can't wait!!!

Comment

Holy Moses I really am lovin the East Zone. This schedule will definitely help me make more shoots.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
                        Holy Moses I really am lovin the East Zone. This schedule will definitely help me make more shoots.
                        Good Deal !!!

My goal was to put together a schedule that would allow a shooter to shoot 6 tournaments within their region and not have to drive over 2.5 to 3 hours max.

Comment

This ought to be interesting

I can make about 4 shoots in any ONE region, but a total of 12 statewide...I guess SOY is out of the question for another year...oh well, there's always Field! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                            I can make about 4 shoots in any ONE region, but a total of 12 statewide...I guess SOY is out of the question for another year...oh well, there's always Field! LOL!
                            If you can make 4 in a region , You CAN win SOY. Just hang loose while the loose ends are tied off. We are tryin to lessen the amount of required shoots.
                            EX: 3 of 6 , 4of 6 instead of 6 of 10 or around here now it would have been 6-8 of 14 without the regions. This is going to be the BEST deal for the shooters , workers and the clubs.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Gonna try it for the first time

Comment

Working...
                              X