Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling for support from TBOT (HB-1334)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff View Post
    2050z The only problem I have with the IBEP is it should be free where we could teach the class to high school kids. If it was i would be running all over the state teaching it. it is hard enough to convince a bunch of teenaged boys to give up a weekend without telling them it is gona cost $15.00
    I wish it was free as well, but the materials cost money. I don't have all the answers to this problem, but promoting education shows we really care about our archery only season.

Comment

They could take it out of the money they've made through the archery stamp.

Oh, wait a minute, they have NO idea how much money they've made through the archery stamp.

...nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by bentstk View Post
        Let me play devils advocate here, do you think it's wise to fight to keep a certain type of equipment out of the woods? ......I am thinking of hunting as a whole.....The more bow hunters we have the stronger we are when we really need to fight for something. Besides once people get in the bow frame of mind who knows they may change to a more chalenging piece of equipment, I started with a compound, now I shoot a recurve and I'm looking at getting a long bow.
        Just some food for thought.
        bentstk very good questions, I'll ask how many compound shooters would become corssbow shooters and are we really wanting to keep crossbow hunters out of the woods or just the early archery season?

The key to the growth of hunter numbers(revenue for TPWD) is safe, reasonable, and "enjoyable" hunting access. Allowing the crossbow into the archery only season is not that key.

Comment

Thumper, thanks for getting TBOT involved. When I spoke with Representative Homer's aid today she told me that someone from TBOT had just called.

I feel this is a serious threat to the future of Texas bowhunting and especially for the traditional community.

Comment

I assume someone at the LSBA has drawn up a petition to bring to the LSBA banquet and tournament this weekend?

Comment

Yes sir, it's being finalized as we type.

Comment

Joey, if you can post it here or email me a copy, I'd like to drop it off at the Outdoorsman.

Comment

Working...
                X