Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post Gary!

Comment

Well stated and beautifully written. You’ve given us much to think about, much of which can be applied to almost all aspects of one’s life.

Comment

Very well said. I am sure a lot of us feel the same way. As I have gotten older I catch myself looking longer at the Sunrise and Sunsets and have come to realize we should not take any day for granted. The great thing about hunting is there is always “next year” to look forward to; Good Lord Willing.

Comment

I've gotten to where the kill is not the thrill. And that's a good thing for me since hunting opportunities suck. I haven't seen a 125 class buck in 10+ years.

For me it's the anticipation of the hunt and mostly just being around other men that love the outdoors. Camaraderie is what it's all about. It's what I like most about 3D shoots. Sure, I like shooting my bow, but doing a 25 target course by yourself is not half as much fun as with 3 other crusty old farts.

Comment

Finding a good place to hunt can be a challenge. Finding a good place with good friends is harder. However finding a place with good people to make new friends is always good too.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well said.
              I’ve caught myself getting wrapped up into the season a bit too much and not enjoying the hunts I did get. I’d get disappointed not seeing the deer I wanted to be seeing or when bucks I passed got shot or disappeared. I couldn’t understand why I put in all the time and effort but guys who barely sight their rifles in always seemed to shoot a wall hanger.

Deep down I knew I just needed to appreciate being out there and that I am able to do so.
              Well written post. Thanks for putting that out there.

Comment

Working...
              X