Oklahoma Bruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma Bruiser

How fast can a whitetail deer drop? Very fast!

Dang! Bummer he got so far down below that arrow! Super cool buck!

Was he eating corn there when you shot Corey?

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
      Dang! Bummer he got so far down below that arrow! Super cool buck!

Was he eating corn there when you shot Corey?
      Yes I threw a couple handfuls of corn out hoping he would stop, everything was working as planned! I had him half way to the taxidermist until he dropped lmao!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
        Yes I threw a couple handfuls of corn out hoping he would stop, everything was working as planned! I had him half way to the taxidermist until he dropped lmao!!!!
        I was wondering why he'd stopped right there! It looked like the perfect play to me. Real bummer. Shot looks close too, 12 yards?

Comment

Had a big six do that to me last year at 29 yards and a few others through the years. Unreal how much they can drop when they have their head down eating, but most of them show back up with a pink spot and seem to be in good health. Stud of a deer, glad he made it!

Comment

It's amazing how fast they are.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang Corey, I hate he dropped, but your vids are a great training tool for those of us without the trad experience you and others have. What a nice deer!

Comment

Next time shoot him while his front legs are in the water trough. That way he cant drop that much. They are amazingly fast animals.

Comment

dang he was quick.

Comment

I read a study some time back, that said:

"A whitetail deer can (on average) drop 8 inches, turn 90 degrees, and be at a full speed run in 0.21 seconds."

Yeah, they are quick.

Rick

Comment

Hope you get another crack at him Corey!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Doe I shot Sunday perfect broadside, I aimed low, where white and brown meet at the shoulder. Arrow in flight looked great. Then she did the matrix move. Turning and twisting enough that the arrow hit about three inches up in the brown and back of ribs. Missed stomach but was behind diaphragm. Punches center of liver and out center of left lung. Exit three inches higher than entrance and I was on a six foot high platform in a blind. Hole in liver shown. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221220_204003_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	24701254

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Doe I shot Sunday perfect broadside, I aimed low, where white and brown meet at the shoulder. Arrow in flight looked great. Then she did the matrix move. Turning and twisting enough that the arrow hit about three inches up in the brown and back of ribs. Missed stomach but was behind diaphragm. Punches center of liver and out center of left lung. Exit three inches higher than entrance and I was on a six foot high platform in a blind. Hole in liver shown. [ATTACH]1113497[/ATTACH]

They are quick! I have hits like that where the exit was way higher than it should have been. Glad you got her!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                            I was wondering why he'd stopped right there! It looked like the perfect play to me. Real bummer. Shot looks close too, 12 yards?
                            I didn’t step it off but my guess was 13-14 yards. I was very relieved that he lived.

Comment

Cool video Corey. I had my miss this year similar, ducking etc…Oklahoma looks like a nice place to bow hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X