Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What arrow setup/spine is everyone using ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What arrow setup/spine is everyone using ?

I’m shooting a 528 grain 29 1/2” arrow, with a 100 grain outsert and 125 grain magnus stinger or snuffer. 500 spine arrow at 47-48#

Black Widow PLX, 44lbs at my draw length of 28". Gold Tip Velocity, 500 spine, length 30.5", 3x4" feathers, reflective wrap, 205 grain Simmons Safari Broadhead, 11 gr insert. Arrow weight 448 gr (gpp 10.2), foc 20.2%.

Comment

For my three main hunting setups, I’m shooting full length 340 Easton Axis arrows and 31” 350 Vintage Black Eagles.

The bows tuned to the Eastons are a 55@28 Dryad longbow and a 62@29 Dale Dye recurve. The arrows have to black eagle 52 grain outserts on them with 50 grain weights with illuminated nocks. 125 grain points for the longbow and 200’s for the recurve. That puts me around 560 grains for the longbow and 630 for the recurve.

The bow I’m shooting the Black Eagles out of is another Dale Dye, 59@29. Those have illuminated nocks, standard inserts, and 275 grains in the point. TAW is about 620 grains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Easton FMJ 300 spine. Length 29 1/2”, 75 grain insert, 100 grain Magnus Black Hornet, 3 blazer vanes with wraps, Total weight is 556 grains. Bow is 65# at 29” of draw. Calculated at 14.4 foc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish-n-Hunt17 View Post
          Easton FMJ 300 spine. Length 29 1/2”, 75 grain insert, 100 grain Magnus Black Hornet, 3 blazer vanes with wraps, Total weight is 556 grains. Bow is 65# at 29” of draw. Calculated at 14.4 foc.

What trad bow are you using Blazer vanes on??? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            What trad bow are you using Blazer vanes on??? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Maybe he's a Rick Barbee disciple?

Comment

Trying to see if my current arrows will work for my new bow…

29 1/2” instinct, .400 spine, 100 gr. Outsert and 150 gr. Broadhead.

Bow should spec at 56-57# at my draw. And I can’t tell if I’m underspined at this weight and arrow spine, it’s right on the cusp of the chart

Comment

Bareshaft and paper tuning are the only sure ways to know if your tune is where you want it!!!

Bisch

Comment

Rampage 250 w 52 outsert.
                  100 grain head.
                  28 inches
                  70lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                    Maybe he's a Rick Barbee disciple?
                    Nope. I don't use blazers.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Bareshaft and paper tuning are the only sure ways to know if your tune is where you want it!!!

Bisch

I was wanting you to give me a quick, off the cuff answer not tell me the right way to do it! 😂

Comment

Working...
                      X