Toelke bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toelke bows

Anyone on here shooting the Chinook? Hoping to get some opinions before committing to a long waitlist.

Originally posted by boomer453 View Post
    Anyone on here shooting the Chinook? Hoping to get some opinions before committing to a long waitlist.
    I'm not currently shooting a Toelke, but I've managed to convert at least two fellow forum members to die hard Toelke fans. They are smooth, quiet, reasonably fast bows that will never give you drama. Their grips are some of the best in the business, especially the new 10x target grip. On top of that, Dan and Jared are absolutely salt of the earth folks. Great customer service, and great bows!

Comment

I'm sending you a message by telekinesis.
      Primal Tech. Primal Tech. Primal Tech.
      [emoji1787][emoji41]

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Really enjoyed a whip I had, only reason I got rid of it was I'm not a fan of low wrist grips. I'd like to try his new grip on a whistler or a pika

Comment

Appreciate the input- I have yet to hear a negative word on any of Dan's work.

Comment

I have a two piece Chinook on loan, and if the draw were a few pounds heavier it would be a permanent addition to our collection of bows. It has the standard grip, and is so incredibly easy and consistent to shoot. We also have a 2 piece Whip 10x. I have a little trouble with the grip, but my husband shoots it without issue. Both these bows are beautiful and deceptive in their graceful design. They are a pleasure to shoot; the feel and balance is top grade. I love my Bob Lee bows, have a Wagstaff longbow I’ll never part with, and am on the waiting list for a Primal Tech, but the Toelkes aren’t going anywhere either.

Comment

I shoot a one piece 60" chinook that I bought used last spring. It is 50# at 28" but I draw 30.5". My arrows are around 560 grains I believe. I've never measured the exact speed but they are moving pretty fast and hit pretty hard out of that chinook. I don't like to swap between bows very much so this will be the only bow I shoot for probably the next several years (maybe forever, who knows?). It draws and shoots really nice. The only 2 complaints I have are that the selway quiver I use on it will not stay put no matter what I do. It always slides up/down the limbs after a few shots and I have to jam it back down onto the riser or else it rattles around and makes my arrows fly funny. I have a one piece quiver ordered that should fix the issue. The only other thing ive encountered is that the grip got a bit slick during the summer when I was sweating alot. I put a piece of grip tape on the throat of the grip and that fixed that issue though. I shoot at the brazos county archery club pretty frequently if you are in the area and want to try it before ordering one just get in touch and I can meet you there.

Also, Dan Toelke is a really nice guy. I was having trouble tuning arrows for this bow when I first got it so I called the number on his website just to see if he had any advice. Dan himself picked up the phone and we talked for half an hour about tuning the bow but also all kinds of other stuff. He nailed it on his recommendations for tuning as well, everything he suggested worked just like he said it would and it really helped me out through that process. He spent a lot of time helping me out and he really didn't gain anything from me since I bought the bow second hand. I enjoyed talking to him and was impressed with him.

Comment

I have 2 Toelke whips as my only bows. Ive sold my black widow, stalker stickbow and Sarrells because I never shot them. Toelkes are quiet, well built, and great shooters. Ill probably buy one more for next years elk hunt.

Comment

I have 3 Toelke bows right now but I have shot all of the models he makes now and used to make. You cannot go wrong with a Toelke bow.

Comment

Working...
                  X