Storing Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing Bows

Have a trad, Hoyt Huntmaster takedown and Brush Country long bow. How am I supposed to store them? The long bow is hanging by the string on my fireplace mantle and the trad is sitting up on carpet in a closet. That good? I recall someone saying that the bows should be left strung.
    I am soon selling the Hoyt and will post up here.

Thanks in advance!

Scotty

My opinion,

Store them in such a way that there is not pressure on the limbs. Don't stand them on one end in a corner.

I unstring them if I am not going to be shooting for a few weeks or months. My main bow that I am shooting weekly, stays strung.

Don't store them by an air vent, or in direct sunlight, or a place that gets too hot. I would say that drastic changes in temp are not good.

How many pounds is the Hoyt and what are you asking for it?

Comment

Chunky just said it all.

Comment

Thanks Chunky-good advice

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
          My opinion,

Store them in such a way that there is not pressure on the limbs. Don't stand them on one end in a corner.

I unstring them if I am not going to be shooting for a few weeks or months. My main bow that I am shooting weekly, stays strung.

Don't store them by an air vent, or in direct sunlight, or a place that gets too hot. I would say that drastic changes in temp are not good.

How many pounds is the Hoyt and what are you asking for it?
          The Hoyt is 60 and I want 125.
          By the way, thanks...
          Last edited by asj1953; 05-14-2009, 03:16 PM. Reason: hit the button too quick

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Working...
            X