Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonestarfly
    replied
    Is an ILF riser and limbs a good way to go for a 3d target and hunting bow setup. Any decent risers preferably wood, in the 200 dollar range and 21 to 23 inches length?

Leave a comment:

• DRT
    replied
    Originally posted by cwill View Post
    Great info for future reference. What is your DL if you don't mind me asking? I'm 28" and was wondering where I start with spine. Thanks!
    Try putting all of your information into the calculator on 3Rivers archery. That should get you close. I'm working with 400s on my low 40s bow. Everyone is different.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• cwill
    replied
    Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    The bow is a Primal Tech 3-pc longbow.

Current arrow is a .500 spine FMJ, 30 3/4” long (end of shaft to valley of nock), with a standard 16gr aluminum insert and 150gr point/broadhead. Also have a 7 1/2” Onestringer reflective wrap and 4 fletch with 2 1/2” parabolic feathers.

These arrows are flying well for me, and shoot well thru paper, but I still think they have to be stiff. I just bought some .600 spine axis carbon arrows to play with and see if I can get a better tune, but have yet to set them up/shoot them.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Great info for future reference. What is your DL if you don't mind me asking? I'm 28" and was wondering where I start with spine. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Bisch
    replied
    Recommendations for a Starter Hunting Bow

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
    Can you tell me your arrow setup for this bow?

The bow is a Primal Tech 3-pc longbow.

Current arrow is a .500 spine FMJ, 30 3/4” long (end of shaft to valley of nock), with a standard 16gr aluminum insert and 150gr point/broadhead. Also have a 7 1/2” Onestringer reflective wrap and 4 fletch with 2 1/2” parabolic feathers.

These arrows are flying well for me, and shoot well thru paper, but I still think they have to be stiff. I just bought some .600 spine axis carbon arrows to play with and see if I can get a better tune, but have yet to set them up/shoot them.

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 10-02-2022, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• one66stang
    replied
    I’m hunting with 40# this year. Killed this pig with it a couple weeks ago:

Bisch

Can you tell me your arrow setup for this bow?

Leave a comment:

• Bisch
    replied
    Originally posted by LegenW84itDary View Post
    Got my wife the bowtech starter, I think it’s called diamond edge. Great little package. Very adjustable draw length and pull weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No disrespect, but this thread is in the traditional forum and he was asking about trad bows.

Bisch

Leave a comment:

• LegenW84itDary
    replied
    Got my wife the bowtech starter, I think it’s called diamond edge. Great little package. Very adjustable draw length and pull weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• muddydog
    replied
    I've had many bows over the years, bought a black hunter longbow this year. Its without doubt the best shooting bow I've owned. 120 on Amazon. Made by sinoart.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• cwill
    replied
    Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• Briar Friar
    replied
    Seems that this club is pretty active.

Maybe consider looking around at Katy or local shops for local clubs. Many shooters dont hang around TBH.

Good skilling MrWill

Leave a comment:

• CamoQuest
    replied
    Originally posted by cwill View Post
    Yessir I was thinking 40 would be my absolute max. Question is will that be sufficient for hunting if I keep my shots at 10-15 yards? Do you know any trad guys on the west side of Houston? Thanks sir!
    Brazos County Archery Club has a regular group of trad shooters, if you are ever in the BCS area. We have two shoots left this year, I think. One this coming Sunday, and one the second Sunday in December. A couple of guys come from Hempstead, and one from the Tomball area. I don't think they are active on TBH, but if you are on FB, you could ask on the BCAC page and see if there is anyone close to you.

Leave a comment:

• Bisch
    replied
    Recommendations for a Starter Hunting Bow

I’m hunting with 40# this year. Killed this pig with it a couple weeks ago:

It will definitely do the job if you can put the arrow in the correct place on the critter. It will work on any deer, and most pigs. I might be a little leery on a really big boar with a thick shield.

I know there are trad shooters in that area, but don’t know who is where. You can meet local folks at 3D shoots, but there may not be many shoots left for this year.

Bisch

Leave a comment:

• cwill
    replied
    What he said^^^^^^!

Can’t go wrong with any of those as a starter bow.

Best thing you can do for yourself is to not get to high of a draw weight (I wouldn’t start over 40#), and find an experienced trad guy in your area to help you lessen the learning curve!

Good luck!

Bisch

Yessir I was thinking 40 would be my absolute max. Question is will that be sufficient for hunting if I keep my shots at 10-15 yards? Do you know any trad guys on the west side of Houston? Thanks sir!

Leave a comment:

• cwill
    replied
    Originally posted by TXRebel View Post
    Black Hunter, Ember or Sage
    Looked at some Black Hunter long bow and recurve reviews today and it seems hard to beat for the money! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Bisch
    replied
    What he said^^^^^^!

Can’t go wrong with any of those as a starter bow.

Best thing you can do for yourself is to not get to high of a draw weight (I wouldn’t start over 40#), and find an experienced trad guy in your area to help you lessen the learning curve!

Good luck!

Bisch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X