tried three under and liked it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tried three under and liked it!

I have been emailing and chattin' to this one fella who lives further up north than me and he talked me through the three finger under release and since I have been having a sore hand I gave it a try today. Needless to say, I wish I would of tried it long ago. I do not know if it was beginner luck or what, but I did it and liked it. I hope this doesn't make anyone in the "traditional" world mad. The only real thing that I did different was hold the arrow with three under, I still just looked at the target and when it felt right I just let go. I just didn't have a split finger hold. I just thought I would post this so other who thought that they may want to try it who may be afraid what others in the traditional shooting world may look at you for holding it with three under rather than split tell them you are doing the same thing as them you just do not have a callus on you ring finger!
    Chris Kiefner

I have been shooting 3 under for a couple of months now and it has really helped me extend my effective range and build my confidence. When TradAg02 or Tingman posted on 3 under, I decided to give it a try. At that time I was not shooting the longbow much because I just couldn't get a good group past about 10 yards. Since the switch, I am really enjoying my longbow alot. I think it is like anything, if you are confident you will do better. I still have off days but the overall trend is getting better.

Glad it is working for you, I know it does for me. Oh and one other thing I have discovered. I broke my middle finger a while back and since that time, I never felt 100% in control shooting split finger. I was still shooting my compound with a tab back then and it forced me to go to a release...something I really didn't want to do. Since I discovered 3 under, I find that I have more strengh in my draw hand and it feels like a smoother release because I am not fighting the string.

Comment

see what happens when you yankees start talkin naw hope it works for you fluffy: im just teasin but you know, nobody likes me very much anyway

Comment

Who cares what folks think if it improves your shot? Best to you man.

Comment

If I shot better using 4 fingers over and 2 toes ubder I would be hunting with one boot off. It is just a matter of what works best for you

Comment

Thanks Buff, I guess it would matter how much scent blocker clothing you had on if you planned to shoot with you feet,ha,ha,ha.
            Larry, glad to hear you are still shooting the bow you got at the shoot-out and you are getting your girls into it. I have a blast watching the girls do some flight shooting in the front yard! Relax my yard is pretty big.

"Fluffy"(just for you Garristien),
            Chris Kiefner

Comment

Garristein

Comment

I thought at least one person would think that was funny.
                Chris Kiefner

Comment

i laughed out loud i just didnt respond to the ridicule from fluffy

Comment

Working...
                  X