Gold Tip Traditional arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have thoughts on Gold Tip's traditional shafts? Lancaster has some terrible reviews on their quality. I have a half dozen and they seem alright to me. They're the only arrows I've ever had for my recurve though so I dont have much experience.

I’ve been using GT traditionals almost exclusively for a couple of years now and they’ve been great. There’s better arrows out there for sure, some higher in price. Think about reviews is, you’ll get 1 customer that posts a bad review to probably 100 satisfied customers that don’t put a positive review in.

I’ve shot GT Blems and regular traditional 500s and I’ve been very pleased. I’ve broken a couple on deer and through target practice but for the most part they’re holding up just fine.

Comment

They’ve lasted me for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t have any experience with the traditional shaft, but I have a lot with the XT Hunter line of gold tip shafts. I used to shoot them, and they were horrible in spine consistency. They were so bad I had to buy several dozens and put them on a spine tester and sort them into batches that were close. I shot .400 spine, and in any given dozen there were shafts that ranged from about .310 to .390 with most being in the .350-.370 range. Once I started weeding out the real bad ones, my number of “flyers” went waaaaaay down.

Once I learned that all shafts weren’t that way, I switched to FMJ’s, which are all consistent in spine, weight, and straightness, and never looked back!

If the GT Traditional shafts are anything like the XT Hunters were, I’d run as fast as I could! The o my way to tell for sure is to put them on a spine tester.

I doubt I will ever shoot a GT shaft again.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Bisch; 03-16-2022, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I'm glad I aint good nuff to know the difference!
          I just bought 2 dz complete arrows off eBay for $98.00.
          4" feathers w a "shrink wrap" type front of feather "protector". Wood grain shafts, too.
          I've been shooting 340 micro diameter but chart shows 400s are better at 31" and 43#s w 150 gr head.
          We'll see.... (they even came w field points).

They shipped from China and took a month to get here!
          Last edited by 12ring; 03-17-2022, 10:27 PM.

Comment

All I use are the GT Traditional Blems……nothing wrong with them they shoot good and kill critters!

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
              I'm glad I aint good nuff to know the difference!
              I just bought 2 dz complete arrows off eBay for $98.00.
              4" feathers w a "shrink wrap" type front of feather "protector". Wood grain shafts, too.
              I've been shooting 340 micro diameter but chart shows 400s are better at 31" and 43#s w 150 gr head.
              We'll see.... (they even came w field points).

They shipped from China and took a month to get here!
              Were they GT's or just some off brand?

I started shooting Trad with some off brand carbons until I got consistent enough to know what was going on. then I bought some good ones and it made the difference in night and day. Old China arrows were 17-20 gpi.

Comment

"Sharrow" ?????

^^^^^
                Some off the wall no names, I think.
                I got 340s and 400s. Aint shot or weighed them yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220318-092317_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	24679119
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 12ring; 03-18-2022, 08:37 AM. Reason: Pics.

Comment

Working...
                X