Bare shaft tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bare shaft tune

What distance do you bare shaft tune at?

I start at about 7 yards just to make sure I don't miss the target! You can see gross issues and begin to adjust. Back up to 10 yards and the 15 or so. At 15+ yards you can really see the arrow in flight.

Comment

Like he said start close. Max for me is about 20 yards or so. Although recently I did out to 25 just because. It actually taught me something about my form.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bare shaft tune

I never use a bare shaft until after I paper tune first with a fletched arrow. The following is my paper tune process.

Start at 6 feet with a fletched arrow. Shoot thru the paper and read what the tear tells you, and fix accordingly. Up and down tears are nocking point adjustments. Side to side tears are spine adjustments. Fix nocking point first, then work on spine adjustments. You can fix spine by either changing point weight or shaft length or a combination of both. When you get the bullet hole at 6 feet, then move back to about 15’ and verify. If everything is still good at 15’, then move to 10yds and verify that field loins and broadheads impact at the same place. If that is good, move to 20yds and again verify that field points and broadheads impact in the same place.

After all is good on paper is when I pull out the bare shaft. Like said above, start close (like 10yds or less), and work your way back farther as you get good results closer. After the paper tuning, things are very close, and the bare shaft tells me of minor tweaks I need to make to get everything as perfect as I can.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Bisch; 03-09-2022, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the solid advice guys .

Comment

I start at 10, then 15 and finally 20. If they're doing well at 20, I'll try 30 just for grins. I've had a few setups that'll do that distance nicely but most become erratic which I blame on my form and release more than anything so any 'tuning' at 30 doesn't do much for me. I think at that point it just becomes a more confidence inspiring moment for me with that particular bow.

Comment

Working...
            X