Howatt TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howatt TD

Just picked up an HTD, Howatt TD. 62" 62#@28" awesome gem. Took the string out of the baggy and strung the bow, braced at 8". Shots well. The nock point is a tad lower than I like for my 5/16" nocks on tapered shafts. So I started shooting Warrior 340 with 290 grains up front, did well. Switched to some Arrow Dynamics Traditional carbons with 200 grain screw-in FP and they are shooting lights out. Liking this bow.

Upload of files failed. They are posted on LW and TG.

Saw the pictures on TG, nice bow!

Comment

It's my "Old Man" bow. When I have to step back from mid-60's to 70# hunting bows. They didn't make extra limbs, so I am on the hunt.

Comment

Here's a couple of them.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220303-094329_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	24678389Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220303-094353_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	24678390

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

Just snuck out and throw about 30+ arrows, Arrow Dynamics Traditional with 200 grain points. One has a lite nock that I think I bent trying to turn it off, Oh Well. Other four have stubby nocks. The lite nock arrow flies left several inches at 15- 16 yards. The others are grouping within 6 inches, better when I maintain focus. There was a buzz with the Velcro in the groves and Cat Whiskers. I cut the Velcro back out of the end grove and put on paracord string silencers. The buzz is going away as they fluff out. Definitely less horsepower than what I'm used to, but it is coming together. Might try a bit of tape or moleskin under the limb butts, if the PC doesn't do the trick. Always interesting bring a new bow on line. May strip the Velcro that is not touching string off. This is a nice little bow to stay in tune, the 60# makes it easier to just go out and throw several dozen arrows without wearing myself out.
            Last edited by Wudstix; 03-04-2022, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X