No announcement yet.

Cowtown TBOT - course is set!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was in DFW Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning but had to bet back, wished I could have made this one. Appreciate the pics, hope the weather cooperates tomorrow!!

Comment

Already looking like a nice day!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Already looking like a nice day!

Gonna enjoy the blue skies and warmer temps! Remember- scorecards have to be turned in by 2:00 today

Comment

I had a great time on the course yesterday. Won't lie. It was cold!! Thank you John, Gary, and whoever else helped set it up, and sat around freezing all day yesterday so we could shoot!

The target sets were excellent. Great mix of short, mid, and long range. Lots of challenging range estimates too.

Comment

Good crowd today.
            Just for the record trad shooters are a great bunch to hang out with.

Comment

In spite of the weather yesterday we ended up with about 75 cards turned in for the weekend. It was a great shoot - lots of familiar faces and an encouraging number of newcomers to Cowtown. Thanks to all that came out - hope to see you at the Texas Recurve Championship at the end of March!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                In spite of the weather yesterday we ended up with about 75 cards turned in for the weekend. It was a great shoot - lots of familiar faces and an encouraging number of newcomers to Cowtown. Thanks to all that came out - hope to see you at the Texas Recurve Championship at the end of March!

Personally thought the weather was just fine. Dress right and get it on. Anybody not hunt deer when it's 32F?

I had one card I didn't turn in. I added it to the fire!

Fantastic shoot and some decent hot dogs. My complements to the chef.

Comment

Never heard of a Mr. Buddy in the blind?[emoji23]
                  Actually one of the nice things about this shoot (IMO) is it is a modestly attended event.
                  Yes a few more is great but no waiting at each target in line to shoot or not having to park a long way from the set up are positive aspects.
                  Last edited by DRT; 02-27-2022, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Awesome shoot y’all put together. Good putting faces to names and meeting and shooting with some great folks..
                    looking forward to Hillcountry shoot.

Comment

Cowtown TBOT - course is set!

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                      Personally thought the weather was just fine. Dress right and get it on. Anybody not hunt deer when it's 32F?

I had one card I didn't turn in. I added it to the fire!

Fantastic shoot and some decent hot dogs. My complements to the chef.

You shouldn’t throw cards away! I know sometimes it sucks, but you have to take the bad with the good!!!

JMHO

The weather was absolutely beautiful today.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Bisch; 02-27-2022, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        You shouldn’t throw cards away! I know sometimes it sucks, but you have to take the bad with the good!!!

JMHO

The weather was absolutely beautiful today.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        I dunno... I went back and found my first ever TBoT score online the other day. It was BRUTAL.

On the flip side, it's pretty cool to see how far I've come since then!

Comment

It's not just about records. It's about the humility of showing you did your best it just wasn't good enough on that day and you respect the shooting of everyone else that shared the range with you.
                          All of us have bad rounds. All of us have great rounds. If you're gonna take credit for the great ones then go ahead and take credit for the bad ones.

Comment

That's a great point Gary! Hadn't ever thought of it that way before.

Comment

Great job John and company. Had a great time ! Rusty and Bisch got new nicknames on their score cards. All in good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                                Great job John and company. Had a great time ! Rusty and Bisch got new nicknames on their score cards. All in good fun.
                                It was a cold morning so we also appreciate Bisch contributing some fuel for the firepit. Skinny logs but premium wood!
                                Last edited by jerp; 02-28-2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X