Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Arrow Recommendation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They just consolidated their carbon 6mm arrows into the SONIC 6.0 line. I have been using the HEXX line for a few years and love em, but wanted a 300 spine arrow. Now they have that option.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
      They just consolidated their carbon 6mm arrows into the SONIC 6.0 line. I have been using the HEXX line for a few years and love em, but wanted a 300 spine arrow. Now they have that option.
      Thanks. And good catch.

But, the Sonic 6 is 5.8 gpi instead of the Aftermaths already light 6.4 gpi. Shortened the shaft by 1/4", too. That puts me at a crazy low 7.7 gpp unless I stack some weight on it. Might have to, but then they'll just change the Sonic 6 next January and we start all over.

Still, I suppose I could use a cut-down brass insert and a wrap to get me to 8 gpp. Lot of extra work just so Easton can consolidate.

Why do they feel the need to screw with it every 12-months and **** off their customers?
      Last edited by SJP51; 02-23-2022, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Because too many people are looking for the latest and greatest. The hype of a new product outweighs the loyalty to a long relied on one.
        The trouble with traditional bowhunters is we are a very small sect of the bowhunting population so the length and type of arrow we look for gets less consideration in amount of sales.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Because too many people are looking for the latest and greatest. The hype of a new product outweighs the loyalty to a long relied on one.
          The trouble with traditional bowhunters is we are a very small sect of the bowhunting population so the length and type of arrow we look for gets less consideration in amount of sales.

You're not helping with logic and reason. I'm working on rant.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
            You're not helping with logic and reason. I'm working on rant.
            Sorry. [emoji15]

Comment

Arrow Recommendation...

My FMJ’s have been around for a long time. I guess they sell enough of those to not get rid of them. And they are plenty heavy.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                I about talked myself into it, but can't find an Sonic 6 shafts for sale! 3Rivers, Lancaster, Big Jim, Amazon, Walmart, Lost Nation, Ebay, and Google search.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  My FMJ’s have been around for a long time. I guess they sell enough of those to not get rid of them. And they are plenty heavy.

Bisch

I'm not finding any FMJ's in the 600 spine I need for the 38# Bob Lee.

There are a LOT of shafts that don't include 600 spine in the line-up.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                    I'm not finding any FMJ's in the 600 spine I need for the 38# Bob Lee.

There are a LOT of shafts that don't include 600 spine in the line-up.

Oh, I forgot it was a girls bow!!!!!

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Hi, Steve!

Bisch

Comment

Hi, Steve!

Bisch

I'm still selling GS Cookies if you want any Thin Mints!

Comment

Hi, Steve!

Bisch

Bwahahahaha

I thought it but didn't want him to develop a complex!

Comment

Check archery talk, might take a little looking on there but seems like they have old and new arrows at pretty good prices. Like said earlier, people always wanting the latest greatest and sometimes will sell older stuff at great prices just to get rid of it

Comment

Those Sonic shafts are new for this year. They might not be out yet, or what shafts were available have been sold out. Part of the reason they are replacing the Hexx and other shafts is going to all USA made components.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                              Those Sonic shafts are new for this year. They might not be out yet, or what shafts were available have been sold out. Part of the reason they are replacing the Hexx and other shafts is going to all USA made components.
                              Correct, and it is a different weave design so it eliminates the "seam". Instead of woven sheets of carbon rolled and glued, they are weaving the individual carbon strands into the hollow tube shape from the get go. They claim it will make for a more consistent shaft.

Comment

Working...
                              X