Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

JC Optimus Shelf Mod For Vanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC Optimus Shelf Mod For Vanes

This is my best shelf mod to date.

Not real pretty, but it works fantastic.

Complete fletching clearance.

Rick

The shelf is made with two felt furniture pads stuck together, then I used a dremel with a sanding wheel to trim it to the shape I wanted.

Rick

Comment

Nice work Rick, that shelf mod turned out looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
        Nice work Rick, that shelf mod turned out looking good.
        Thanks.

I don't want to do any more trimming on it, until I know exactly how much I need to have.

Once I get my final tune nailed down (probably after I get my new limbs), I'll trim it a bit more (if I have any excessive width), then purdy it up & make it match with some velcro.

Rick

Comment

What I plan to do is, once this is completely finished the way it needs to be, and how I want it, I am going to copy it in a hard material. I've molded JB Weld with great success in the past, and that is probably what I will use for the hard material.

The one difference with the hard material will be, that it will not have the hump on top. It will instead have a square slot, that I will cut a piece of the felt to drop into that slot, and secure it to create the hump.

Rick

Comment

Working...
          X