Need Horne information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Horne information

I am looking at ordering me a Horne Traditionalist long bow but I still need a little more information and some pics please. Any information will be good. I have talked to Mr. Horne and seams like a realy great person whom I would not have any problem dealing with about any of my archery needs. I guess my main delema is what woods put into the bow and length to order the bow.
    My draw is 29.5" and am looking for between 45-50#'s of pull being that my Ben Pearson is 45#@28" and enjoy shooting it, but it is time to upgrade.

So if you could please help me out with any info and pics.
    Thanks

I had Bob Sarrels make me a blind hunting bow 58@29'' 58''longbow,you can look it up on this site labeled Sarrels with pics.It is osage riser with mesquite limbs,with bamboo core.I would suggest bamboo core limbs and what ever wood you prefer for looks.

Comment

I would also go with a 64'' long bow if I did it again, for an all around bow.

Comment

i have had 2 of marks bows, his td recurve is flat out wicked. but being a longbow guy I prefered his 1 pc long bow in 66". his carbon cores do make a few fps difference if you got the extra money.
        for woods,
        I like the look of osage. just me though.
        his 3 pc longbow w/ bolt on thunderhorn quiver is the nicest pointing/shooting bow I never bought.
        if you have time go to his shop in boyd. mark is a super nice dude w/ a great shop, it is just fun to watch bows come together.
        kirk

Comment

I will go see Mark and is shop when I decide to buy this bow I have shot his bows and they are nice. The main reason why I would like one of his bows is because I was at a range one day and asked if I could shoot a few. One of the guys there let me shoot his instead of a manufactured bow off the shelf. Had no clue what I was getting into. Now I have to have one, no hand shock and it just felt very good in my hands. Even gouped with this bow first time shooting it. Just enjoyed shooting it and had a hard time giving it back to the gentleman that let me shoot it. He was nice enough to give me Marks phone number and web adress so now I need one really bad.

Comment

Working...
          X