Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Sadness with Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadness with Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth

Stepped out back to shoot a few this morning. Went to nock an arrow. Slid my left up into the grip and felt a CRACK!

Last year I bought this Bob Lee to play with while I worked from home during Covid. Shortly after I dry fired it (broken or loose nock) and broke the handle. That was all on me. The guys at Bob Lee did me right and made a new handle pretty quick. Even gave me a deal on the cost so I wouldn't commit suicide. Yeah, i was pretty sick about it.

I've no idea why she broke. I've babied her. Arrows are above min gpp. BH is kept about 1/8" from recommended. I've never dropped her. Never left her in the heat. Admittedly, I don't sing to her as often as I should and I've let her hear harsh words. But that's it!

I'll go see the Bob Lee gents next week and hopefully get a new handle soon.

I'm gonna need a beater to play with all summer. Off to the classifieds!

So are they the same limbs you had with the original riser?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. Same limbs.

Comment

I have much older 57# Bob Lee that I can shoot. I'm good with it for 15 to 20 shots, but for accuracy and consistency I start to drop off. Too much bow.

BUT.... I think I can put the 47# limbs on the older riser and shoot it. Need to check with JJ or Rob on Monday. Till then, my wife says, "you need a bow. Get busy!" I married preety good!

Comment

Might be related to the dry fire. That said I've had that happen with a couple bows and never an issue. I'd think generally Bob's bows should be able to handle a DF as long as they are cared for normally otherwise.

Last edited by DRT; 05-15-2021, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Might be related to the dry fire. That said I've had that happen with a couple bows and never an issue. I'd think generally Bob's bows should be able to handle a DF as long as they are cared for normally otherwise.

The handle that was dry fired broke almost all the way through. This is a new handle the Bob Lee gents made for me to replace it. The "new" one is now cracked.

The BL warranty specifically excludes dry fires.

Comment

If they will bolt up, you can use them. I do it with Schafer Silvertips all the time.

Comment

Ouch! That's gotta be a sickening feeling. Maybe you need to try a Widow instead?

I'm just here to provide all sorts of bad ideas, hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                  Ouch! That's gotta be a sickening feeling. Maybe you need to try a Widow instead?

I'm just here to provide all sorts of bad ideas, hahaha!
                  Keep 'em coming. I'm open to all kinds of ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                    The handle that was dry fired broke almost all the way through. This is a new handle the Bob Lee gents made for me to replace it. The "new" one is now cracked.

The BL warranty specifically excludes dry fires.
                    I thought you meant a limb cracked.
                    I'm sorry to say but a single dry fire causing a riser to crack is BS. Bob was a well respected bowyer and I hear Rob is cut from the same mold.
                    Like I said I've had nocks slip off strings, it happens. There is a fine line between to tight or to loose on the fit and that leads to that occasionally occurring.
                    That said I would expect a limb to crack maybe but not a riser.
                    Then again I'm not a bowyer.

Think I'll stick with Primal Tech.

Comment

Dang Steve! Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it all resolved quickly and satisfactory!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                        If they will bolt up, you can use them. I do it with Schafer Silvertips all the time.
                        I got the 47# liimbs bolted up to my "old" Bob Lee handle. (I like that handle better, anyway!). The Frankebow shoots great!

Comment

Working...
                        X