Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Did you sell your first bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty sure I am going to sell my first bow because I just do not shoot it and I prefer a different grip, but I also do not want to look back and regret selling it. For some reason I keep thinking that when my son grows up I would want to give it to him but that is another 15 years. Not only is it my first bow, but it is my nicest as well. It is a Stalker Coyote FXT and it cost me $1450 3 years ago. However, I now shoot a Toelke that I bought for $350 off of a member here that fits my bow hand much better and have a Sarrell's I really like. The Toelke I shot my first deer with so that bow will never leave my ownership.

I am a sentimental type of guy but also do not like to keep things that I do not use. So what would you do?

Did you ever sell your first bow and regret it?

Sold it. Did not regret it!

I have several bows that I never shoot, but keep for sentimental reasons. None of those were my first bow though.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sold mine, but gave my second one away, plan on doing that to the one I have now eventually.

Comment

Uhm, I don't keep a bow I don't/can't shoot or shoot well. First, second, whichever.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Still have mine & won't sell.

Comment

I returned my first bow. Didn't like it at all. The bow I purchased in the exchange I may sell one day to "upgrade".

Comment

Bows don’t have the appeal to me that guns do. Bowhunting appeals, not the tool. Some guns are the same, but some I’d never sell.

Comment

Of course I sold it. It was a PSE. Back when PSE bows were sort of an entry level brand.

Comment

i made my first bow...and gave it away.

Comment

Nope still have it left handed Bear Kodak Mag got it used about 40 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                      Nope still have it left handed Bear Kodak Mag got it used about 40 years ago
                      Dang, I had to look at who posted that. Thought I did until I finished the sentence.

I got a left handed Kodiak Magnum from my brother for Christmas one year, '67 I believe.

I wouldn't sell it on a bet even though I now shoot right handed.

Too many memories in that bow. The first four or five years I bowhunted, that is what I carried; way before compounds and tree stands were prevalent. I think the Allen came out a couple of years later and the Baker Tree stand also.

It was before bushings were installed to mount various devices. I had to use the Bear 8 arrow snap on bow quiver, man what a work of art. Of course, I couldn't find a left handed snap on quiver, so I had to do some creative bending. Up until a couple of years ago, I still had that. Might still, but I think I threw that away, maybe not.

Comment

Gave away my first when I upgraded.

Comment

Still have it, but I'm not very good at selling or getting rid of things.

Comment

I've still got my first bow, Shakespeare, which my parents gave to me in 1959. Also still have the first bow I bought for myself in 1971, Kodiak Magnum

Comment

gave it to my grandkids...im sure it will get abused, but they will have fun with it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X