No announcement yet.

2021 Trad Harvest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an early Christmas gift this morning around 08:15am. Loving the #50 Kodiak takedown and vintage razorheads.

Merry Christmas all, happy hunting the rest of the season!
    Attached Files

Comment

All right BillyJack! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats BillyJack!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice work BillyJack! That one will taste great.

Comment

Congrats yourself Trumpkin, you got a dandy buck! Darn rifle hunter on the ranch I hunt shot all the bucks on my trail cameras…..but I can guarantee I’m enjoying hunting more than they are!
            Last edited by BillyJack1975; 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM.

Comment

It’s been a long 5 years since my first trad kill. Due to shoulder issues I haven’t been able to draw my bows until this year. I’ve had a rough time getting my form back and only felt comfortable enough to hunt with my recurve just recently. I had a couple of misses and lost a doe. Everything finally clicked back the way it should be this past week. I was able to take a nice mature buck on Wednesday and a doe Thursday for my 2nd and 3rd trad kills. Super happy right now. Click image for larger version

Name:	7CC70D7D-B356-421F-BCD8-B844716871D6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	492.2 KB
ID:	24673074
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0542.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	24673075

Comment

Way to go Gunswayne!!!!!!

Welcome back and congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Way to go Wayne. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok I have been following this thread for a little while and now I am getting bit. What would be a good traditional bow to start out with (thinking a recurve) and what draw weight? All I have ever shot is a 70lb compound.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                      Ok I have been following this thread for a little while and now I am getting bit. What would be a good traditional bow to start out with (thinking a recurve) and what draw weight? All I have ever shot is a 70lb compound.

40-45# ilf . Easier to tune and way more universal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                        40-45# ilf . Easier to tune and way more universal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Agree with Sergio here. 40-45# and work your way up from there if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                          I don't even know what he scores, but I thought he was a giant when I saw him, and I'm still grinning like a fool 36 hours later!
                          Congratulations Malachi, a nice buck and nice shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
                            Got an early Christmas gift this morning around 08:15am. Loving the #50 Kodiak takedown and vintage razorheads.

Merry Christmas all, happy hunting the rest of the season!
                            BillyJack1975, nice one. Got those vintage Razorheads on my arrows too, works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunswayne View Post
                              It’s been a long 5 years since my first trad kill. Due to shoulder issues I haven’t been able to draw my bows until this year. I’ve had a rough time getting my form back and only felt comfortable enough to hunt with my recurve just recently. I had a couple of misses and lost a doe. Everything finally clicked back the way it should be this past week. I was able to take a nice mature buck on Wednesday and a doe Thursday for my 2nd and 3rd trad kills. Super happy right now. [ATTACH]1075050[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]1075051[/ATTACH]
                              Congratulations on both of those deer Gunswayne, your shoulder is working just fine!

Comment

wow congrats to all been a great year !

Comment

Working...
                                X