2021 Trad Harvest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
    Hard quartering away, both shots this evening. Managed to find the only soft spot on that armored tank. Bear Kodiak takedown, #47 limbs, Grizzly 150 gr single bevel and vintage Bear razorhead, Gold Tip 500 spine.
    Congrats BillyJack! It is unbelievable to me that those arrows from that bow was able to kill that hog quickly enough to find it. I've shot a lot of hogs with archery gear and those shot placements with that penetration doesn't generally result in finding a hog of that size. (I don't mean that critically of course). What do you think you hit that was so lethal?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andreww5001 View Post
      Congrats BillyJack! It is unbelievable to me that those arrows from that bow was able to kill that hog quickly enough to find it. I've shot a lot of hogs with archery gear and those shot placements with that penetration doesn't generally result in finding a hog of that size. (I don't mean that critically of course). What do you think you hit that was so lethal?

I hear ya Andrew… Well, he presented broadside and I didn’t feel comfortable trying for a tiny pocket on a guy this big. Off an inch and your in the shield. As soon as he quartered, I drew and released as he continued quartering. Too far back. He bedded down immediately. I jumped him 30 minutes later around 7:30 with no light so it was dark dark. Second time hit him again quartering away, needed down 30 yds away. Gave him an hour and found him where he bedded down second time. Both arrows had 16” of penetration. I quarter him and didn’t did not dive in the gut pile on this guy.

Surprisingly good meat, made bacon wrapped loin with blueberry sauce. Awesome eating!
      Last edited by BillyJack1975; 11-01-2021, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
        I hear ya Andrew… Well, he presented broadside and I didn’t feel comfortable trying for a tiny pocket on a guy this big. Off an inch and your in the shield. As soon as he quartered, I drew and released as he continued quartering. Too far back. He bedded down immediately. I jumped him 30 minutes later around 7:30 with no light so it was dark dark. Second time hit him again quartering away, needed down 30 yds away. Gave him an hour and found him where he bedded down second time. Both arrows had 16” of penetration. I quarter him and didn’t did not dive in the gut pile on this guy.

Surprisingly good meat, made bacon wrapped loin with blueberry sauce. Awesome eating!
        That's awesome. That's a real trophy hog. I'd rather not bump that pig out of his death bed. That one could hurt ya.

Comment

I don’t know which of BillyJacks arrows was first or second, but I’d bet he either got the femoral artery in the back leg or a kidney.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Black Widow PSA V, Zwickey Delta, Natural ground blind.
            Attached Files

Comment

^^^

Great buck

Comment

Beautiful buck.
                Congratulations!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to git ‘er done Bernie!!!

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Beautiful buck congrats

Comment

awesome hog congrats

Comment

Got a public land doe yesterday with the Bob Lee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

She's a big girl. Congratulations Jeff.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Jeff!

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats Jeff.

Comment