Skidmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skidmarks

This is a 60", 50# @28" PSE recurve. I put the rest and plate on and shot about 40 arrows on it today. Notice the marks on the wood and on the black. Also where there are no marks or where they start at. I am shooting instinctive and have no problems...that I am aware of. Just wondering about the marks. Thanks for your input.

Looking at the picture, it looks as if the upper part of the riser is real flat. If this is the case you could place a piece of leather or something behind the vertical in order to get a little clearance. It is normal for the scraping to be on the vertical backing, but not on the wood. It riser may be cut with the back side of the cut out pertruding out a little farther than the rest of the vertical. If this is the case you could move the vertical side plate toward the rear. This however will tend to make your shooting form more critical as it is easier to torque the bow. If it were mine, and this was the case I would place a small piece of leather behind the strike plate to set it out a little farther from the vertical cut out.

Comment

May also mean your arrows are to stiff and paradox is not working.

What arrows, point weight, and arrow length are you working with?

Comment

Apparently ya'll can see the pics. I can't see them.
        Frontloader, here is my arrow info. These are barrowed and are probably to light.
        Beman classic 400; 10.4 gpi; shaft is 27 3/4; field point 125gr.

Thank for your input

Comment

Frontloader nailed it. By what you just stated as your arrow set-up, I can almost guarantee your arrows are way too stiff. Try adding some tip weight and see where that gets you. Do your arrows fly perfect or do they fly a little eratic?

Comment

I'm sorry but I'm HIJACKING THIS THREAD< LOL!! I read the title and just KNEW this had to be about BUFF and his NEW BANISTER BUDDY< LOL!!!

I'm sorry, please carry on now!!LOL!

Comment

TuffBH, very funny.....

Comment

Tuffbh..you got me laughin'... I thought that would get some attention.

The arrows are somewhat eratic...some fly with a little wobble and some are straight. I'll keep working on it. Thanks.

Comment

I go with Broken Arrow. From my experience, most carbons are too stiff. I know nothing about your Bemans however to verify that statement.

Add point weight as suggested and if you can get longer shafts, try them longer with the heavier point. Or try the longer shafts with the 125s and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                  X