No announcement yet.

Shortest recurve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking at my old Herters recurve. takes a 40" string! 60 lbs @ 28". It doesn't take long to turn it loose!!

Comment

Those really short bows are handy and fast but not always too good for archers with over a 28" draw. They will start to stack up like Dolly Parton.

Comment

The shortest recurve ever mass produced was a Herter's perfection 46". It takes a 40'' actual length string. It is a nice shooting bow. Rodney Wright archery makes a clone of it. There is a review on peteward.com. It's called a stalker. Sounds like a great little bow. I know Ilove my herter's perfetion 46.. Good Luck!!

Comment

All I can say is I have not been a fan of short recurves. Bob's 56" is a short as I would go.
          Those Wildcats are shooters. Go to Cabelas and shoot a 52" Kodiak Mag and see what you think, I would call them "touchy".Then go shoot a 56" Wildcat and see the difference.

Comment

I had a Dan Toelke 52 inch recurve for a couple of years. I really liked it and wouldn't of gotten rid of it if I would not have had a chance to get one of his 3 piece recurves. Mine stacked a little but I draw pretty close to 30 inches. If your draw is much longer than 28 for the most part other than a few bows I would not get a recurev shorter than 56In.
            Chris Kiefner

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
              When I die I guess my wife will pour my ashes into a bowsock and hang them in the corner of the shop.
              Who will Bisch get to build his bows?

Comment

You might check Bob Lee, he is making a short recurve I just do not remember the length.

Comment

Working...
                X