Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Short bows for long draw lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short bows for long draw lengths

What brand and styles allow for shooting a 30” draw length on a shorter amo? I have a bear grizzly that’s 58” and is almost impossible to shoot. Currently using a 64” with a 21” riser. Would like to go as short as possible and remain somewhat shootable. I know the best way is to shoot as many bows as possible, but is there some brands that are known for this?

I havent shot a wood bow yet, no matter the length that didnt stack at around 29".

IMO if you want a short bow that is smooth all the way through I'd look at a short ILF setup with carbon/foam limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
      I havent shot a wood bow yet, no matter the length that didnt stack at around 29".

IMO if you want a short bow that is smooth all the way through I'd look at a short ILF setup with carbon/foam limbs.
      So for a shorter bow with a longer draw I’d need to look for something that’s as much limb as possible with a short as possible riser?

Comment

Shrew bows are famous for short length and Ron LaClair draws 30"+

Comment

Java man Archery, or Toelke Traditional Archery(Montana Bows), give them a call...they don't get any better. Good luck.
          Also, give Mike at Maddog Archery a call, see what he says.

Comment

To get a comfortable shooting bow in those specs it will need to be a hybrid limb design.Big Jim Bows has a Thunder Child and Toelke has one called a Pika.I am sure there are others but the ones listed are very popular.CritterGetter on here has Primal Tech bows and would be another great source of information.

Comment

I draw over 30 and have a 62" Centaur glass bow that feels like I could pull past my head with no stack. I would try a 60" Centaur glass model and see if its good. My money says it'll be great. I also have a 58" Kempf longbow that stacks pretty bad but I shoot it good. Think the stack tells my brain to not overdraw.

Comment

Bob lee bows is now making a 15” riser again which would allow for longer limbs on a shorter riser.

Comment

Originally posted by RUM Mann View Post
                  Bob lee bows is now making a 15” riser again which would allow for longer limbs on a shorter riser.
                  I've been looking at those but thinking of sticking with the ILF system and get a 17" Tradtech Carbon Lobo or a Hoyt Satori.

Comment

I see where shrew has a new bow coming out that's really short glass backed for long draw lengths .

Comment

Working...
                    X