No announcement yet.

Bittersweet!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you hit shoulder angling forward it may not have penetrated the chest cavity.

Gary

Comment

Sorry to hear this Bisch...but I really feel sorry for the next critter that gets in front of your arrow! I’ve got a feeling that critter is gonna pay.

Comment

This pic looks exactly like the buck I shot. The one I shot was quartered away slightly, and my arrow hit him where the blue arrow is in the pic. Still can’t figure out why he wasn’t dead in short order???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bisch, 8" can mean 1 lung (especially angled shot) and I believe those buggers can live a looong time on one lung. May have to die from infection before he keels over.

Comment

Dang I hate to hear that Bisch! Good luck buddy I hope you find him.

Comment

From what I've heard about your dog, that axis is still moving. As mentioned above maybe only hit one lung.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread but I have a dog that can track but I hunt an hour or two from home. What do you do with your dog while on the hunt? thanks

Comment

Looks like a good spot and 8" should be enough buddy.
                  You have killed a lot of stuff so you know wh as t a good shot looks like. Must just be like you said spin, miss a solid vitals and he gone. Sorry for ya but I bet there will be another opportunity

Comment

Hate to hear that Bisch. Sometimes it’s nothing we done wrong, animals can move before the arrow gets there and cause this.
                    I lost my first deer of the season last week due to her jumping the string. It sucks

Comment

Crazy things happen. Go shoot another one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No shot at a deer yet, every doe I c have fawns, most of them have spots, U done well keep ur head up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowLovingMan View Post
                          Not to hijack the thread but I have a dog that can track but I hunt an hour or two from home. What do you do with your dog while on the hunt? thanks

Buy a dog kennel box and leave him in the truck, or get a leash and leave him tied up wherever you park the truck.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Had the same thing (sort of) happen to me a couple weeks ago. My new place doesn't have a lot of deer traffic, and especially when I am in the stand. I was surprised to have a legal (not huge) buck show up. I shot him right in the shoulder bone. I looked and looked for that deer, just in case... Finally found my arrow and confirmed he was just gonna have a sore shoulder and a scar.

But I was so excited to finally have a deer in front of me with my bow in almost 2 years that I had mixed emotions about the whole thing...

Comment

Sorry to hear that Bisch. Keep after em man, you will get it done!

Comment

Working...
                                X