No announcement yet.

What broadhead do yall use and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty partial to the 250gr VPA 3 blade. **** near indestructible and good flight

Comment

I don't think it gets much better than magnus stingers, whether 2 or 4 blade. Zwickys are nice too, and inexpensive, but the last ones i got took considerable time to sharpen. So unless i am shooting woods again (probably won't happen) I will stick to the Stingers. They shoot nice off my compound too, so that is another plus

Comment

Simmons sharks - large holes
        VPA 250 gr. Flat blade - good flight and penetration
        Cutthroat- penetration and good flight
        Stingers flat blade - 150 gr. Field tip accuracy and sharp , and cost effective.

Comment

Stinger 150s have been what I go back to for almost everything. Ive tried zwickey and killed some animals but the stingers fly better and are ready to go out of the package. The warranty is awesome too. They will pretty much replace any damaged heads no question
          <——————-Its going to be hard to change after this too.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Better think file . . .
            Or so I've heard.

Gary
            Mill smooth will get the job done

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              Mill smooth will get the job done
              Not for me. I prefer heads I can sharpen with a stone.

Gary

Comment

File sharpened Zwickey Delta, great steel, smooth ferrule transition, penetrate better than they should, and make big holes.

Comment

Zwickeys for me. Or ace. Arvin

Comment

I don't shoot my trad bow for hunting, yet. But, when I do I'm probably going to look at the GrizzlyStik Massai 200's.

I like the SilverFlame XL's in my compound and I don't have a reason to change brands - but I'm interested to see what the other design can do.

Comment

I have been using GK Silverflame and Silverflame XL for 10yrs or more! You won’t find a better head out there!!!! Maybe a few just as good, but none better!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

3 blade Muzzy. They fly great and have worked on all animals contacted!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                          You shot a mechanical with traditional equipment?
                          Should have clarified: I got poor penetration with a 62# Compound and a mech head(nap killzone). I started shooting Trad this year and wanted a broadhead I could use for both platforms. Simmons Sharks fly great out of both.

Comment

A warning for the Stinger users. I tried them for part of a season a few years back. I hit a pig and a deer on the knuckle and in both cases the ferrule snapped at the set screw. I retrieved both arrows with one side of the ferrule still screwed into the shaft.

If you take the set screw out you will see that there is very little metal on either side of the set screw hole.

I’m currently shooting 150grn Cutthroats.

Comment

I have some stingers also. I have not had any break like Chris, but I have had a couple bend in critters. The Magnus warranty can’t be beat, but I’d rather have a head that dose not do those things. I would still use them on pigs though.

Bisch

Comment

Enjoying the info, but at $90 for 3 heads, wow, not sure this poboy can afford that!

Comment

Working...
                                X