Looking for longbow recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for longbow recommendations.

What’s a good long bow in the 45 to 50# class that wont break the bank and has good reviews? If anybody has a good used one I would be interested as well please PM me. I personally have a superstition but I want to get another for my son to start out with. He’s plenty strong so I’m thinking 45 to 50# would be about right. I shoot 43# myself but he shoots a lot more than me and is strong as a bull so he should handle that weight very easily.

little out of the poundage range you are looking for but I have a Bear Montana 60# @28 Im looking to move. Let me know if you are interested

Comment

Sarrels . Or AW for a AW for a selfbow. How big is your bank? Lol Arvin

Comment

I have a #50 longbow that I bought at Cabelas years ago and shot it less than a dozen times. I don't even remember who the manufacturer is.

It needs a new home. If you can find a way to get it from Fort Worth to wherever you are located I will give it to him. It's in perfect condition.

I can't shoot a longbow to save me life...that's why I own two recurves!

Let me know!

Comment

Cool gecko man. What a generous over. Hats off sir. Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
            I have a #50 longbow that I bought at Cabelas years ago and shot it less than a dozen times. I don't even remember who the manufacturer is.

It needs a new home. If you can find a way to get it from Fort Worth to wherever you are located I will give it to him. It's in perfect condition.

I can't shoot a longbow to save me life...that's why I own two recurves!

Let me know!
            You are probably shooting the wrong longbows!

I've shot plenty of long bows... eventually hate most of them, have liked only a few. It really comes down to grip in my case. I just prefer a high wrist, deep grip. When I try to hold a low grip longbow (for which most bowyers gravitate towards in a LB) I just struggle, get bit by the shock and eventually just don't like it. Several months ago, I recently picked up a $250 longbow that had a grip that was going to work the minute I saw it. My buddy texted me the ad for it and I gave it a try... as it turns out, I REALLY like that bow. Light, and I can grip it and not have hand shock. Nothing special except it fits right. Then I tried Randy's Primal Tech bow and realized that again, a longbow could be made to my liking... loved the grip on that bow - and to boot it was a great performer with no stack etc (like my really expensive recurve.)

Long story short... and this is my opinion... I think most people struggle with longbows or vice versa because of the "traditional" grip you tend to see on one vs the other. recurves tend to have a beefier grip and you can get a high wrist profile in it... longbows tend to look a certain way and thus have smaller riser areas so less wood to give you a deep high wrist grip.

Comment

Omega Longbows made by Kegan I highly recommend, custom longbow in the 300$ range, I have one and love it, it may not be the prettiest but it is extremely durable and performs like a 800-1200 custom...if you ask this same question on archery talk most would say Omega also, ive had a sarrels and it out performed it in every category besides looks and aesthetics

Comment

Yes, Bob Sarrell's makes some really nice ones. I'll be building some myself soon too.

Comment

Working...
                X