Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadheads

If this should be in equipment & tuning please move.

I was looking at broadheads today & I notice most traditional heads are heavy. Can I just use my normal broadheads with traditional bows? Right my arrows consist of GT Traditional 500 spine shafts, 100gr insert, 80gr FACT weight, 100gr German Kentic head. Arrow comes in at 572grs. Really didn’t want to purchase heads yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can. As long as you get the weight up front right.
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      You can. As long as you get the weight up front right.
      Gary

Right now the arrows are flying real good. I haven’t shot the broadhead yet to see how it flys. I’m gonna try & shoot the broadhead this evening & see how it flys.

Comment

Sorry. Is 572gr’s heavy enough? I thought traditional arrows where a lot heavier than that.

Comment

Personally 9.2 to 9.5 grains per pound of actual draw weight gives me acceptable trajectory and more than adequate penetration.

Gary

Comment

Personally 9.2 to 9.5 grains per pound of actual draw weight gives me acceptable trajectory and more than adequate penetration.

Gary

Thanks. I’ll see where I’m at with those #’s

Comment

German Kinetic heads are as good as they get!!!!! As long as your arrows tune well, it don’t matter what weight the head is!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If those arrows are tuned right for that bow, they are a fine weight for a 50# bow!

Bisch

Comment

I had an entrance and exit on my elk this week with 530grns at 43yds. If the arrows are tuned, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Comment

Point weight doesn't matter as much as total tip weight ie insert, point, and extra weights. A 200 grain head, 30 grain insert and a 20 grain shock collar is the same as a 100 grain head with 100 grain insert and a 50 grain weight with no shock collar, or a 250 grain point with nothing but an aluminum insert. I think most guys just buy heavier heads because its easier math, while a lot of us either like to experiment or have tons of heads, inserts and weights accumulated over the years mix and match until we get the arrows to fly true without having to buy more heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      German Kinetic heads are as good as they get!!!!! As long as your arrows tune well, it don’t matter what weight the head is!!!!!!

Bisch

No sir you need a cheap steal dull head you have to use a belt sander to sharpen to have the best. [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Gary

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

It's my understanding natives died of starvation regularly. [emoji54]

Gary

Comment

Good luck to you man, hope you find something that works great for you.

Comment

It's my understanding natives died of starvation regularly. [emoji54]

Gary
                              and you think that's because stone broadheads didn't work???

Comment

Working...
                              X