Traditional FSC Week 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 30

Consistency and repeatability are the goals for this week’s challenge. We all know that when hunting, odds are we only get one shot. However, there is no substitute for being prepared, knowing what works, and being able to repeat it.

16 yards from a target, seated in your favorite hunting chair, on a bucket, or whatever else you have, and take 3 shots. The goal is arrows touching or in close proximity. Use a spot or a mark to aim at if needed, but again, the objective is to stay consistent and repeat the shot. Measure (the best you can) around the group of 3, and take the smallest measurement from 3 days worth of attempts. If all arrows are touching, use a dime, nickel, quarter etc for a reference on group size.

Would it be correct to determine group size by measuring from outside to outside of the shafts of the farthest-apart arrows?

Comment

Awesome challenge CQ!

Mr Barbee loves slappin shafts! He’ll need to use Japanese yens for reference.
      Id love to be able to get remotely close. Ill be using a softball or basketball for reference.

Comment

Day1: 2 1/2

Comment

Nice group, Reb!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^Thank you, Sir. First shot was not where I was aiming, happy with second within an inch of first. pulled the third^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Didn't bother to measure this. First shot right about where I wanted it -- middle-ish. Then just sprayed the next two. Oh well.

Comment

Day2: Didn't measure more than Day1.

Comment

Ill measure later but for now...about a smidgeon under a tab width. I hit the first and third shots in the same hole. I made a tick mark with my marker to indicate the holes since I am currently practicing with only one arrow.
                  Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Nice, Briar!!

Comment

Day 2: A little better; 3rd shot low; didn't measure.

Comment

Have been working on form, and trying some new shooting drills. Seeing some positive changes, which have carried over from my recurve to this new-to-me longbow.

The arrows are not spined for this bow, but they are all I have until I build some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post

Have been working on form, and trying some new shooting drills. Seeing some positive changes, which have carried over from my recurve to this new-to-me longbow.

The arrows are not spined for this bow, but they are all I have until I build some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Yeah, you should probably ditch those arrows; they don't work very well......

Nice shooting!

Comment

That's some consistent shooting. Very nice.
                            I tried to shoot this the other day. I have 6 arrows in the quiver. Three 400s with 150 grains up front and three 340s with 175 grains up front.
                            I shot the three 400s. Working so well I couldn't stop and shot the other three. Didn't measure and I quit right there.

Gary

Comment

Great shooting Yall!

Comment

Working...
                              X