Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^this!!!!^^^^^

Comment

That bear green stripe is a nice bow. I have one made in 1983 with 2 sets of limbs (both 50 @ 28) that I'd sell if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by mclipp View Post
        That bear green stripe is a nice bow. I have one made in 1983 with 2 sets of limbs (both 50 @ 28) that I'd sell if anyone is interested.
        shoot me a pm with how much your wanting for it..

Comment

I went back to the Trad a few years ago after shooting a little Bear Kodiak Magnum at work some. for some reason I really like that little bow, now have a 45 and a 50 at 28" but I draw 29 inches (yes there is a little finger pinch). Arrows I use are full length 500s Axis Trads with the 75gr Brass inserts and 150gr head and to get weight up a bit more 8gpi insert tubes from 3rivers. That combination works well for me from both bows.

I do like the bow the OP got and know how they shoot, very nice Si

Comment

Never strayed for trad bowhunting, just had to put it on hold for a few years after our move back to Texas. As things seem to settle down, I find myself yearning for a longbow again.
            Sadly, I haven't found an outdoor place to shoot in my area yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsehide View Post
              Never strayed from trad bowhunting, just had to put it on hold for a few years after our move back to Texas. As things seem to settle down, I find myself yearning for a longbow again.
              Sadly, I haven't found an outdoor place to shoot in my area yet.
              @#$%^ Auto correct! Found a range 14 miles from here, we will see how that goes.

Comment

Alright Guys I want to come Back!!!

Well I got my arrows set up and fletched today. You guys may kick me back out of the trad club tho [emoji23] went with the new trad vane from AAE 4” four fletch. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let us know how they fly...those are some good looking sticks!

Comment

Some good reviews on them. The report that they get wavy is a big put off for me but they are quieter and just as effective so why not try them.

Gary

Comment

So I have been shooting 3-4 days with the recurve at 10-12 yards.. I feel like my form is much better than it was the first time I hunted with a trad bow.. I am back to grouping well and I am able to keep all my arrows in a 4" group at 10 yards..

However.. I will be honest its not as much fun this time as it was the first time.. I feel like I have been practicing so much to get back to shooting well with my compound and I am hoping that going back to trad doesn't mess that up lol.. we will see how it goes.. I will definitely at least shoot a few pigs with either my recurve or the traveling bow I'm signed up for..

Comment

I don't have to choose either or. My second season shooting a single string I only killed two deer with my recurve and longbow. I broke a draw hand finger and finished filling my tags with my compound.
                        However I've only killed one pig with it since. I just like it better with a single string. For now.

Gary

Comment

JT, For me, the more I shoot my trad bows the better my compound shooting is. My focus is better, I shoot more relaxed, my form stays strong, and my follow through is better. For whatever reason, shooting with fingers takes away any inclination to punch my release, when I pick up the compound again. I was still competing pretty hard with the compound early in the year, right after I picked up a trad bow for the first time. With the exception of the Paris pro-am, all my scores were up. Hopefully you’ll experience something similar.

Comment

Working...
                          X