No announcement yet.

Alright Guys I want to come Back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know I am going to say buy a used BW but a used Bob Lee will serve you well also

Comment

Pick a machined riser if you are concerned about the grip coming from compound. The ILF limbs will give you options and lower end limbs can be picked up new for $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Most of the compound bows I've owned in the last decade weren't like the older with high wrist grips. The grip on my Hoyt carbon Spyder is really close in angle, although slimmer, to the Primaltech longbow. It's easy for me to swap between the two. However my old Bear and Darton compounds were more similar to the grip on my PSA and my Tall Tines recurve.
        I still shoot both but most every time to the field the Primaltech gets to go. Unless I'm targeting a big boar.
        Or maybe I'm confused on what constitutes high and low. I can post some pics later.
        Gary
        Last edited by DRT; 05-28-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

For me the Widow low wrist was the bees knees. Not so thick in your hand. I believe it is closest to a compound grip myself. I didn’t get to try the low wrist asbell though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have mixed feelings on selling my Widow. But I really like a long bow grip and a two piece longbow suits me. But that is the freaking fun of all this. Exploring, growing, making it yours.

Gary

Comment

I have a Hoyt Buffalo with 50# medium limbs that would fit prefectly in your budget if you aren't opposed to a bow with no soul

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                I have a Hoyt Buffalo with 50# medium limbs that would fit prefectly in your budget if you aren't opposed to a bow with no soul

Haha no gotta have some soul in a trad bow [emoji23]

Comment

I feel ya, wood bows ARE pretty!

Comment

I've owned many stickbows both longbow and recurves and my word of advice is try b4 u buy. Go to some shoots and get your hands on as many as u can, when you get ahold of the right one you will know. Or just get an aluminum riser and it be the same feel as the compound you are used to. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                      i have a hoyt buffalo with 50# medium limbs that would fit prefectly in your budget if you aren't opposed to a bow with no soul :d
                      I haven't heard that description of a trad bow before!!

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                        I haven't heard that description of a trad bow before!!

Everyone knows metal riser bows have no soul! They are like gingers...

Comment

Well guys here is what I’m going with. 50# @ 28” 60”
                          Bear takedown. This is my buddy davids bow. He hasn’t used it forever so he is letting me play with it. What starting point should I try with arrows? I’m thinking a
                          400 spine gold tip trad. Then I can play with the insert and broadhead weight.

Comment

Welcome back JT!!! If you go with a .400 spine shaft, keep it full length, and you will probably need 200-250gr up front. Don’t cut it shorter until you verify thru tuning that you need to!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              Welcome back JT!!! If you go with a .400 spine shaft, keep it full length, and you will probably need 200-250gr up front. Don’t cut it shorter until you verify thru tuning that you need to!

Bisch

That’s about what my set up with my blue ridge was.

Now to decide if I need to learn to shoot 3 below with a clicker? Or split finger like i used to shoot [emoji848]

Comment

You should sign up for a month with Sacajawea, the TBH traveling trad bow! We need one more person to fill the list.

See these 2 threads:

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X