• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty deer, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats Bob

Comment

I continue to be amazed at how many critters show up on this thread every year.

Congratulations to Caddo and Ballgame, those bucks are trophy's!

Comment

Congrats to all!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome video and great shot Ballgame.

Comment

Congrats everyone! Y'all been laying them down the last couple weeks. Hopefully can add to the board soon, fixing to try and lay down some does!

Comment

Man!! A Lot of really straight shooter in this group. Great job to all!

Comment

Well, I’m on the board with my first ever trad bow kill! The hunt started out with a boar coming in before bow shooting light, so I had to use the trusty 30-06 to take care of him. He dropped in his tracks not far from the feeder.

I left him laying there, and about 7:10 a group of 6 babies and 3 adults came in to eat. The unlucky one made its way to about 25 yards and I drew back. It kept killing around and wouldn’t give me a perfect broadside, but I told myself that I needed to either shoot or I’d likely get winded the way they were working around me. I let it rip, and the arrow buried a decent way behind the ribs on a tough quartering away shot. I watched it run, but the commotion stopped in about 10 seconds and I heard a death squeal.

The track sucked... as in no blood because the shot was high and guts filled the hole. However, after a lot of zig-zagging and nearly giving up, I saw a pink fletch through the woods!

This trad thing is a whole different level of fun, and doing it on the ground standing up against some brush makes the chase so much more exciting than I’ve ever had in a stand!

Here is the pic of how far the arrow made it through (with just a 45# bow)

Lesson learned: I also need to practice more to get better with picking my spot, as I was about two ribs back from where I was looking. I picked this up in August, and I feel like I have a long way to go to figure out how to do this on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations! Nothing like your first!

Comment

Nothing quite like your first trad kill. Here's hoping its the first of many.

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congratulations on a fine first!

Gary

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Ended a dry spell with an 18 yard shot on a god one. Two came in and they were giving each other the business. I was hoping one would come closer to the hand corn but not. Took the shot and hit a bit back but he was bleeding bad. He went about 25 yards to the other side of my blind and flopped. He flipped over a couple times so I ran another up into his chest to put it out quicker.

Gary

Comment

Congrats Gary.

Comment

Working...
                                X