• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats on your buck, and good luck on the quest

Comment

Thanks kruppa

Comment

Well the adventure continues. Just got in the brush blind. Been seeing deer up till 11 most other trips. Hoping #1 shows up. This time I'm not moving a muscle until he has been here for 10 - 15 min and has gotten comfortable. Anyway wish me luck please

Comment

Good luck this morning yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Well another week and another attempt. Worked the FD yesterday. Got there this morning and got 8n the brush blind at 9. Sat until 11. Saw the same big busted up 8. So this afternoon I'm actually back in my favorite tree. Hoping the big 10 is in this area these days since he is not over in the brush blind area the last 4 hunts over there.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck Kirby!!!

Bisch

Comment

Man was it slow. I got in the tree and 3:30 and at 3:45 a 7 walked in then a doe. They stayed 15 min then left. Nothin came in after that. But with this moon I figured it might be slow.
                      Always a good time

Comment

The deer here at my house haven't been coming in until after dark for the last couple days. It will change in a couple more days for you, Kirby.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          The deer here at my house haven't been coming in until after dark for the last couple days. It will change in a couple more days for you, Kirby.
                          I have a feeling that's whats.going on around with all the shots I'm hearing in the area. Plus that moon light lastnight was like day light all night.

Comment

Flywise, thanks for sharing. Now I keep checking back to see if you got that 10 yet haha

Comment

Well actually I finally had that 10 at 10 yards last week. Since I had not seen his for a few weeks I decided to head to my old reliable ladder stand. At 4:30 he came to the hand corn. I got ready to shoot but it was difficult due to the fact that there were 3 other bucks and a couple doe right there as well. I had a good 20 min to look him over close up for the first time and well, decided I'd let him go. He has a really good rack....130 at least but his body and face said he was young. I could not believe that after weeks of trying to get a shot I was letting him go. So, I decided id now focus on a big 8 I had passed a few times already and had not seen for a few weeks as well. About the time I decided id hope for the 8......he walks out at 30 yds. He is 30 or more pounds heavier than the 10, he has more mass than I originally thought and he is certainly older. I never did get a shot on him but I am headed back this Friday for a full weekend.

Comment

I've been there. If he survives and sticks around you will be glad you passed him.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X