X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From pine-scented forests, past boulders and streams,
    To clear lakes encircled by murals and dreams
    Where bright clouds emblazon a warm azure sky,
    A trail through the mountains is one I must try.

When bluebells stop blooming and nighttime grows cold,
    The breeze makes the aspen trees shimmer with gold.
    The chirp of the pika is scarce to be heard;
    The eerie elk-bugle is now the watchword.

The sounds and their season soon snuffed out by snow,
    The silky white peaks wear a pink, sensual glow
    At sunrise when raw arctic blasts turn serene,
    Inviting to view how they've sculpted the scene.

As ice turns to water and lush green arrives,
    The crags reappear and new wildlife thrives.
    Soon streamlets will gurgle and columbines grow;
    The mountains are calling, and I must go!

Comment

FYI,,I stole this off the web!

Comment

I’ve been busy getting stuff ready...Rusty, Randy and I will be pulling out a week from today. This week at work will probably draaaaagggg by. I got all my hunting clothes washed and packed away, got most of my camping my stuff together, and cooked a big pot of taco soup and froze it to warm up in camp one night. My mom is going to make a big pan of chicken spaghetti that I’ll freeze and take too, and she’s baking pumpkin bread. Rusty and Randy are bringing some good eats too....too bad we’re gonna eat it all before Scott and Jeff get there!!

Also I’ve been shooting a LOT at 30 yards...while my 30 yard groups are pretty horrible lol, it has really tightened up my 20 yard groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh ya, DON'T forget a shovel

Comment

Did 3 miles with the 50# pack this morning. 2 miles on the track and 1 mile on the steps and bleachers.
            Then my cousin and I replaced the cab bushings on my truck in advance of the trip.
            That was supposed to be an easy job that turned into a freaking nightmare!!!

Comment

It all started with this simple text... Ryan telling Randy...”Rusty prob has a piece of old expanded metal laying round...” Cuz he knows I fab on the side, and Randy mentioned something to grill a steak or such on...
              Attached Files

Comment

Well, crap... can’t get pics to load! I’ll get back with ya on this... Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Sorry, couldn't help myself! I have dubbed it the "Primal Tech Cookmaster 1000" cuz Randy was the one originally wanting a "piece of expanded metal" to grill with. Hey, aint nothing to good for my brothers! Gotta contribute however I can! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I know, they are sideways. Wouldn't be me if they weren't. Oh well, you get the idea. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Maybe this one wont make you get a crick in your neck...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Somebody’s been busy!! Looks awesome Rusty!! Digging the name too!!

Now, I think I need to find a small pice of iron to mount a seat to for a tripod!
                          Lol!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmmm... they ARE sideways on the home computer, but right side up on the iPad or phone. Anywho, had several to show of the progress, before I welded up square shaft hole in disc, blah blah. But I don’t want to bore y’all with this stuff, and sidetrack Scott’s thread! It is going with us to cook on in Colorado, but that’s bout it’s only reason for jumping on “The Mountains are Calling” thread. I am sooooo ready, times a ticking! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Yeah, Randy you done figured out... “Rusty is easy to persuade...” Oh well, guilty as charged I guess! To your point I have plenty of “tripod metal” laying round! On a side note, after I plugged the square hole, I polished out the disc, and slathered it in cooking oil. That’s the reason it looks so shiny. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Heck yeah that's gonna work great Rusty!! I'm about to get a couple miles in before work. Down to 6 days. I'm stoked!!

Comment

Working...
                                X