• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    I cant make this up.

After getting in truck after work

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    That's a God Nod, right there!

Comment

Well, guess I might as well put in my .02 worth... actually in my case, prob more like .01! I truly had the most enjoyable hunt I’ve prob ever had with this ragtag band of trad hunters! Ryan was the only one I had met in person prior to going on this epic journey. I had built him a tripod last year, and met him/visited with him when he came to my house to pick it up. I talked to Randy once on the phone, and Scott and Jeff only through text. But, by the grace of God, he put together a group of hunters that REALLY meshed together well, and complimented each other’s skills. I had the time of my life brothers, and WOULD NOT trade it for anything! We stumped together, I got over “a small portion” of my fear of shooting “in front of others” (still stink at it though!) and just generally felt overly blessed to be in yalls company! It was awesome being around/hunting with, guys who like this passion we all know as traditional archery! Cuz now that I’m back at home, I’m back to “flying solo”! It truly was an Epic Journey brothers, we “counted coup” on lots of critters, including elk, and enjoyed to its fullest the gift of the High Country that the Lord laid out before us. It was hard by bout day 7 of waking up at 4:30-5, just to hit the mountain marathon once again! But it was never dreaded, a struggle, or something you didn’t want to do, cuz you just never know what could unfold on that particular day! We stuck to it, gave it our best, and never gave up. Good friends, brothers, and newly found trad hunting buddies, tend to help in that regard! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Can't say it better than that buddy. I wasn't there but wish I could've been. Looked like an awesome time just following this post. There wasn't a work day that went by I was not checking this post on every lunch and break to see if someone got lucky.

Comment

You must have thought we wernt looking when you center punched that tiny lime down a slope at about 20 yards on the first shot... Just sayin

The mountain across from camp didn't have a name (I checked your book too)... so I'm gonna call it mount K2MA... as it both Kicked and can Kiss My .... I don't know how many times I said "I'm not going up that stupid mountain again" only to do it all over again because the sign on it was sooo convincing.

Comment

Really enjoyed reading the posts guys. Sounds like a good trip with great folks. That’s what makes life long friendships. The mountains are special, they just keep calling you back

Comment

Working...
            X