No announcement yet.

Trad Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT, longer bows are generally more forgiving than shorter bows. That being said, there are people who shoot short bows very well. If you are just starting with trad equip, I would start with a 60"-64" bow. Learn good form and release and then after you gain alittle experience/confidence you can find a short bow if you want one (JMHO). I use a 62" bow but have one longbow that is 66". A 62" bow can be used in a tent blind also.

See ya later,

Bisch

Comment

Listen to Bisch, go to a trad 3D shoot and get your hands on some bows before you decide what to order or buy. I'm not shy and have no problem asking folks if I can shoot their bow. I've never been turned down yet. All the Trad folks I've met were more than willing to help out. The grip on a trad bow is very important to me as is with most folks, it either feels good or it doesn't. same with shock and shoot ability. If you buy one based on "I have a *** bow and it's the best" you may be very unhappy with it. I've shot big name bows folks rave about that I just hated or couldn't shoot well at all.

Bows are so close in performance now days that you shouldn't even concern yourself with that..it should be all about how it shoots for you and how it feels in your hand. That perfect bow for you could be a $200 bow or a $1200 bow.

Comment

Working...
      X