Fly fishing the Concho....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly fishing the Concho....

or some other river near midland? I'm trying to meet up with my brother to teach him to fly fish before he heads up elk hunting in Colorado?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

No clue... but I would teach him on flat water first if you can and if that is your only option... just to get down the basics. I taught myself (with the aid of youtube and orvis videos) on a pond first (with plenty of trees around.) After a few trips, I eventually went to a river with some flow and learned out the nuances of fly fishing and presenting flies in a current. I was glad I learned on flat water first.

Comment

Rivers around Midland ?

Comment

Pecos, next would be Llano at Junction. You'll have to drive any direction

pray for rain

Comment

The low flows make for great fishing but I'll pray for rain

Comment

Here's the medina and guad at low flows

Comment

The N Concho in town at the Chamber of Commerce building (Hwy 87) & Twin Buttes will have water, there may be a pool or two in the N Concho at the state park but I would certainly call the park ahead. Another option if you’re looking for a half way meet point might be the San Saba in Menard. It usually flows better than the Concho but access may be an issue. But I believe there is a county RV park on the river & the country club as well so those might offer access.

Comment

Working...
              X